Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Ability is there that is...

We did plunge the Discovery Sport into 2 feet of fast-flowing water that came midway up the doors. As you would expect from the brand, the capable rig had no issue whatsoever fording the nearly frozen river. That is why you’re spending the extra money on a Land Rover product -- the promise of go-anywhere capability. And go anywhere we did. Up snow-covered volcanic hills and down icy, cragged trails, the Discovery Sport never so much as hinted at getting stuck. Again, the studded tires no doubt helped, but so did Land Rover’s patented Terrain Response system that we had locked into Mud, Gravel and Snow the entire time (save for some ice ballet/donuts I performed in a frozen church parking lot with every single system switched off). Land Rover was obsessed with us using the Hill Descent Control feature, but with the amount of grip on hand, I much preferred paddle shifting the nine-speed ZF transmission down a couple of gears when encountering a steep grade. Of note: This is the first nine-speed-equipped vehicle I’ve driven where the transmission felt properly tuned.

·
Registered
293 Posts
It wouldn't be much of a land rover if it couldn't do things like that after all there is a level of expectations when it comes to a land rover, something the brand has to live up to.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Land Rover is the toughest brand I know of that can go through almost any terrain and be perfectly normal after. They are well built but up top of that they are designed to last in situation that the normal car wouldn't a change in.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Land Rover is the toughest brand I know of that can go through almost any terrain and be perfectly normal after. They are well built but up top of that they are designed to last in situation that the normal car wouldn't a change in.
Don't forget Jeep.

Jeeps probably see more of that action due to the buyer type.

·
Registered
122 Posts
LR's are still built for it but not pushed by its owners as much as Jeep owners do.
But the same can be said about Jeep owners, just as LR owners can be - all about the image - so can Jeep owners, to an extent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts