Discovery Sport Forum banner

Yellow Warning Limited SOS Functionality

50K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  crapweasle 
#1 ·
Have been receiving this message since I received the car. On some odd occasions the warning doesn't come on, but most of the time it does.

Anyone experienced this?

#2 ·
Sounds like either the telematics module is bad or else the cellular signal is weak.

Try driving it to a metro urban area and see if it starts to work.
Then try the In Control protect app to see if your phone can contact the car and show location.

If yes to above, then it's a signal issue as the car needs to communicate to LR server via cellular.
It has nothing to do with GPS as it uses satellites. SOS needs a cellular signal.

If no, and happens everywhere, then it might be a telematics unit that is bad.

#3 ·
huh. intereresting. cell signal in my parking lot is terrible and everytime i start the car i am in a closed garage. i think the time the light didnt come on was when i started up at the trail head. seems like the warning light comes on at star diagnostics, but will not go away even if you are able to get a good satellite connection later?

and no matter where I have parked, InControl has always been able to find the car.

this helps--

#4 ·
My car started this!

SOS Limited Functionality.

Has been at the dealer 4 times.

Each time they call me to pickup, as soon as I start her up, I get the same message.

Dealer has replaced: Antenna harness, Diversity antenna, Overhead switch unit, and RF plugs.

Been in a loaner for the past 4 weeks!

Anyone else have this issue ???

G
#5 ·
I had it once for about 5 minutes about 4 months ago. Went away on its own haven't seen it since. Assumed it was due to poor signal (though I travel that route everyday, and it only happened once). Electronics:rolleyes:

#6 ·
Glad to hear it has not come back.

Mine has embarrassed the service dept 3 times now - every time they say they fixed it, I start her up and it goes off. So now that the service manager stepped in and is going to personally request a case be opened.

In the meantime at least the loaner is nice - Jaguar F Pace 35t supercharged 6 banger...:D

#9 ·
Gee, I thought I would never say this about this brand, but the old image of Land Rovers being a problem in the engineering may be coming true. :crying:

Granted the past 2 major visits were for updates, warranty campaigns, recalls, TSB, etc...

When I had BMWs for the past 15 years (still have a 528i now) all the electrical gremlins, cosmetic and powertrain issues were quickly and effectively repaired - with new models that showed they overcame the old issues. Now BMWs are the most reliable brand I have ever owned.

Guess I got spoiled with BMW and now my first time into the Land Rover brand has started to sour my taste. :eek:

Hoping this issue gets resolved and no other issues start up...:(

#11 ·
Been doing some checking around other JLR models for this SOS issue and found: Evoque, F Pace and Range Rovers have had this same issue.

Many are saying it's a bad telematics unit.....

Guess I am the first on this forum to find out.

Will update with what the dealer does...

#12 ·
Just got back the car from the dealer after 3 weeks in the shop.

They finally found the issue:
SOS TELEMATICS unit.

Replaced out the telematics unit and now no more warning displays.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.