Discovery Sport Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello How is everyone?, This is my first post on this forum.

I swapped out halogen headlights on my SE model with the Xenon headlight assembly. Mr Drew at Drews Garage (Chicago - (847) 303-1212) made this change for me. He had to make some changes inside the headlight assembly to make it work. He is a genius when it comes to cars. You can contact him to get more information. Attaching couple of pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
two options
1) try a better halogen bulb, Philips is always my choice, xtreme vision , see dub dub dub .usa.philips.com/c-m-li/car-lights/headlight-bulbs/halogen
2) get a DIY hid kit like this one, i have it on my lexus gx470 for two years now, awesome lights, no issues, dub dub dub .xenondepot.com/H11-HID-Kit-Xtreme-HID-p/xt-h11.htm

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know what you mean but, like you, I did not want all the bells and whistles so I went for the SE 150BHP and I love it......apart from the halogen headlights. Will look into LEDs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know what you mean but, like you, I did not want all the bells and whistles so I went for the SE 150BHP and I love it......apart from the halogen headlights. Will look into LEDs.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hello How is everyone?, This is my first post on this forum.

I swapped out halogen headlights on my SE model with the Xenon headlight assembly. Mr Drew at Drews Garage (Chicago - (847) 303-1212) made this change for me. He had to make some changes inside the headlight assembly to make it work. He is a genius when it comes to cars. You can contact him to get more information. Attaching couple of pictures.
Did he make the signature running lights work? If so, how?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did he make the signature running lights work? If so, how?
YES, like factory installed.
The Signature LED DRL's come on very bright with the ignition and then dim a bit when the headlamps come on.
The factory Xenon headlamp ballasts and bulbs also work with no adapters or dash error's.

Drew's Garage / 847-303-1212
2301 Hammond Dr, Schaumburg, Il. 60173

Drew's Garage did the same conversion on my Rover Evoque a while back. Converting the Xenon Signature LED headlamps to work in a halogen Evoque. They've done loads of Evoque headlamps and shipped the lamps all over to owners. They are talked about all over "evoqueforums.net" under adding xenons.

When I found out Drew's Garage could do my Disco Sport I had them do it. Everything works, no errors. I asked the dealer about it once and they told me it wasn't possible to do a conversion. Since the conversion, I had my car in for warranty at the dealer and they couldn't tell.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had exactly issue as yours, my DS SE trim comes with Halogen bulbs. The yellowish lights look awful, I did lots of research online and talked to the dealers, change to stock HID set gonna cost a lot, they need to replace the entire lighting module, definitely not worth it. So I went to after market parts, LED bulbs! plug-in and play, installation less than 10 minuets and no modification needed. Search OPT7 LED Headlight Bulbs w/ Clear Arc-Beam Kit H11 on Amazon, I am sure you will love it!

It looks awesome . Do you have pictures of your DRL?

·
Registered
41 Posts
OPT7 LED headlights installation

Yes I did, just go to YouTube and search OPT7 LED headlights you will find installation videos
Hi,
So did you complete this replacement successfully with no need to cut the bulb hosing cover etc.? just replace it plug n play?
I see it on amazon for 99$ and just want to confirm with you guys before I'll go for it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Problem getting to the bulbs?

I had exactly issue as yours, my DS SE trim comes with Halogen bulbs. The yellowish lights look awful, I did lots of research online and talked to the dealers, change to stock HID set gonna cost a lot, they need to replace the entire lighting module, definitely not worth it. So I went to after market parts, LED bulbs! plug-in and play, installation less than 10 minuets and no modification needed. Search OPT7 LED Headlight Bulbs w/ Clear Arc-Beam Kit H11 on Amazon, I am sure you will love it!
Hey kobe1292,

How were you able to install the bulky LED bulbs along with the adapter to the vehicle? The other day, I popped the hood and opened the headlight housing cover that twists off to get a better look at the stock bulbs, and it was nearly impossible to even get the cover out since there were so many engine components that were cramped up against the housing. Trying to even get the cover back on was a whole different story, it took me 10 minutes and my hands aren't even big.

If possible, could you walk me through what you did? Did you put the whole system (LED bulb and adapter) IN the housing or did you leave the cover off and let the adapter dangle? Thanks so much in advance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a set of factory Xenon headlamps converted to work in mine as I did not like the halogen.
I wanted the factory look and reliability of Xenons. The DRLs work as it should with the ignition and the headlamps are Factory Rover Xenon bulbs and ballasts now. No Errors.

They were done at Drew's Garage and this is the second type of Rover I've had done. Its more expensive then just replacing the bulbs, but its worth it to go with factory parts, and you get a better look with LED DRL's. I just don't like/want aftermarket crap.

I'll take some pics when I get a chance but here is a link to Drew's Garage about Discovery Xenons and LEDs:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm looking to buy what you exactly just said here because the xenon are 2k plus. So I searched what you posted and I don't see them is there a way I can email you or something and I can screenshot what I found ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
#35 a moment ago
I'm looking to buy what you exactly just said here because the xenon are 2k plus. So I searched what you posted and I don't see them is there a way I can email you or something and I can screenshot what I found ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Because yes those yellow lights are awful i just need to know what bulbs because I see the h11 kit just don't find any op7 bulbs

21 - 37 of 37 Posts