Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys. I am installing an under-seat subwoofer in the boot of my 7 seater disco sport. I have everything setup now it's time to get some power to it. The in-line fuse is 15A (Amp and subwoofer Standard - Alpine PWE-S8) I am looking at an empty slot with power going to it. Fuse FD10 / 10RD. Schematics show this is used for a powered fuel cover door with a rating of 25A. So should all be OK...but.. looking at the same schematics, it shows power coming from the battery over a 60A fuse, then being split into 4 separate lanes over the rear fuse boxes. Adding the Max. Amps on all 4 lines adds to way more that the 60A fuse they all come from. How? Do they presume that not all items will be running at the same time or highest rating? If I now add my Subwoofer can I expect problems? Schematics attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looking at the wiring diagram, it looks like maybe there are a couple things that wouldn't be on at the same time. The Damping Module is probably only working when you're moving and the Power Liftgate would only be working when you're not. I think your concern is legitimate about adding another 10 amps or so to that circuit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Damping Module is not installed in my vehicle, therefore I'm going to install the Subwoofer on that fuse (30A -5RD). Theoretically still over the 60A limit if everything was on, but that would be the case in the standard car with that module installed. So, I am going to take that chance and hope the tolerances are large enough and that Land Rover knew what they were doing..worst case, I need a new 60A fuse..I hope.If all goes to plan, I want to post my setup and design for future users...I would like to know where this guy got his power from though :unsure: 2019 MY HSE - subwoofer??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's in and working...albeit not as good as I was expecting. I may get a professional installer to check everything over at some point. The polarities have been attached as shown on the Land Rover schematics, therefore should be good. But, I had to adjust the polarity on the the Subwoofer to 180° for it to sound "fuller". I have spliced the wires to the original subwoofer and left it connected. The entire system needs to be very loud to notice the sub doing something.
Vehicle Automotive design Car Grey Carbon

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Trunk Automotive design

I'd like to have the sub louder than the rest of the speakers to give it a fullersound at a lower volume, but I guess that will not happen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts