Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
Im new to this group, I purchased a 2016 discovery sport HSE about 6 months ago. I absolutely love this vehicle. It’s the perfect sized SUV. unfortunately mine does not have blind spot monitoring or wireless charging. I seen that some of you added the wireless charging, can you tell me where it was purchased from so I can buy one. Also is after market blind spot monitoring available? If so can you tell me we’re to purchase that also. Thanks in advance. ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought one of these: CarQiWireless Wireless Charger for Land Rover Discovery Sport 2015 2016 2017 2018

Easy peazy to install. Pull the outer bezel for the center console. You do that by grabbing as it bows upwards towards the armrest. Place your thumbs on the armrest box (armrest obviously opened). Then slowly pull away. It should start to give. Once one clip starts to give, it should pop off pretty easily. Slowly lift this large piece, and you will find two connectors under the ebrake, and gear selector. The ebrake one comes out easily. The gear selector has a red plastic pin you have to pull down before it will allow you to unclip it. That plug is the trickiest part of this, although its not really all that hard to get out. With those two wires unplugged, you can remove the entire assembly and set it aside. Next remove the 4 torx screws that hold the cupholder in place. Pull the cupholder assembly out. You'll need to close the cover, and flip it over to see the wire that is attached the USB/Cigarette lighter. Pull that wire, then connect the loop that comes with the device. once thats done, plug in the charging pad, and drop in place. Place the wire in a senisble fashion so it doesnt get smashed, but also in place so its hidden. Then put it back together. Its about a 15 minute job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts