Discovery Sport Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
That was my sentiment too. We got the car partly for the looks, so don't mind spending a little extra to keep it looking good through the dark months. They're 18s, but I don't mind a bit of extra open space in the wheel well - actually looks great on a tall, slightly off-road oriented vehicle such as the DS. I always took a look at other DS's in the winter to see if anyone had these rims, but mostly what I saw looked like original LR rims. Now I need to look closer when I see a white DS with the dynamic pack! :)

Btw, who's your tire guy? I use Simply Tire at Keele and Finch - been going there for years.
I've used Simply Tire in the past as well on an old Mazdaspeed I tuned up haha. I moved over to Tire Connection on Chesswood...right around the corner from Simply. Same product and great service but slightly cheaper.

·
Registered
33 Posts
What other wheel options have you guys found? The bolt pattern and offset on the LRDS doesn't leave much options or maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

·
Registered
125 Posts
What other wheel options have you guys found? The bolt pattern and offset on the LRDS doesn't leave much options or maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.
I am not sure if this will be helpful or not but I normally use this site (see below) to find a few options and then I contact my local shop for pricing and availability. I suppose one could order directly from this site, especially if you're already in the US and wont have to worry about exchange or customs.

I have linked you to their 2017 LR2 page...

https://www.getyourwheels.com/wheel...l-size-18/wheel-bolt-pattern-all/vehicle-7779

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am not sure if this will be helpful or not but I normally use this site (see below) to find a few options and then I contact my local shop for pricing and availability. I suppose one could order directly from this site, especially if you're already in the US and wont have to worry about exchange or customs.

I have linked you to their 2017 LR2 page...

https://www.getyourwheels.com/wheel...l-size-18/wheel-bolt-pattern-all/vehicle-7779
Thanks! I'll check em out.

·
Registered
113 Posts
M+S designation means all season tire approved for Mud and snow.....
The vehicle is good in the snow with those tires but true winter tires make a BIG difference....I know.... I had both on the same day during snow fall
In addition real Winter tires use special grade of rubber that is much softer in low temperatures...thus much better traction in Winter, even on dry roads with no snow
The all season (not to mention performance tires) need to get relatively hot before they "stick" to the asphalt.

If you live in cold climate - I recommend Winter tires

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.