Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just received a quote oddly enough this morning. My tire guy suggested the following at various price points for the DS

Michelin X ice
Yokohama Ice guard
Blizzaks
Pirelli ...somethings haha. Can't recall the model name.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I picked up a set of Fast FC05's for my winter set up haha. I think I will pair them to a set of blizzaks or Ice guards from Yokohama (I've personally had great experiences with the Iceguards)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Brilliant. I went from 20" to 18" on previous truck. Makes a bunch of sense for winter. I was debating 19"s - 18s for this.

Pics when installed pls!
I actually went in to order the 19s but my tire shop suggested I drop to an 18 for best winter performance. I've been using this local tire shop for years so I trusted it was good information and I saved a bit of cash.
I'll definitely throw up a pic when installed!

·
Registered
125 Posts
That's awesome! That's exactly the wheels I got:

http://www.discoverysport.net/forum/63233-post12.html

Did tons of research and considered lots of options. Those were a little more expensive, but they look so much better than anything else that was offered at the time. I think they even look better than stock wheels with the aggressive offset.
You have got to be kidding me?!?! lol. That is awesome. Now I know exactly what they will look like when installed. I didn't mind spending a bit more to keep a cool look to the vehicle all year around. I think the only difference between your vehicle and mine is the dynamic styling pack. Otherwise we will be twinning this winter haha. ( I promise I did not see your thread before buying..this was the third rim my tire guy sent to me to choose from. Everything else was too bulky looking)

·
Registered
125 Posts
That was my sentiment too. We got the car partly for the looks, so don't mind spending a little extra to keep it looking good through the dark months. They're 18s, but I don't mind a bit of extra open space in the wheel well - actually looks great on a tall, slightly off-road oriented vehicle such as the DS. I always took a look at other DS's in the winter to see if anyone had these rims, but mostly what I saw looked like original LR rims. Now I need to look closer when I see a white DS with the dynamic pack! :)

Btw, who's your tire guy? I use Simply Tire at Keele and Finch - been going there for years.
I've used Simply Tire in the past as well on an old Mazdaspeed I tuned up haha. I moved over to Tire Connection on Chesswood...right around the corner from Simply. Same product and great service but slightly cheaper.

·
Registered
125 Posts
What other wheel options have you guys found? The bolt pattern and offset on the LRDS doesn't leave much options or maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.
I am not sure if this will be helpful or not but I normally use this site (see below) to find a few options and then I contact my local shop for pricing and availability. I suppose one could order directly from this site, especially if you're already in the US and wont have to worry about exchange or customs.

I have linked you to their 2017 LR2 page...

https://www.getyourwheels.com/wheel...l-size-18/wheel-bolt-pattern-all/vehicle-7779

1 - 7 of 7 Posts