Discovery Sport Forum banner

Windshield wiper replacement

14K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  dulci2se 
#1 · (Edited)
So I had my 10k service done and wiper replacement was about $75. I just could not pay it....

I ordered Bosch 20ca (right/US passenger side) and 26ca (left/US driver's side) replacememt wipers that are the correct fit and work... but they make the wiper arm more visable when in the park position as the piece to attach the wiper on universal wipers is built out further.

Has anyone found good replacement wipers that they saw in person? I selected the Bosch because the pics looked similar to the stock wipers. Also could I just replace the blades and keep the wipers?

Thanks.

#12 ·
Just a heads up for everyone. I finally did my wiper replacement. Went to local AutoZone here in MA.
I got Bosch Icon 26A for driver side and 20B for passenger side. They went on with no fuss whatsoever. The coverage area is a tiny bit bigger than the original ones, but there is no interference with wiper arms or edges of windscreen.

There's a bit more "wiper noise", think squeegee noise. But the wipe is no joke when it comes to clearing water/debris.

Highly recommended!

-Anthony

#15 ·
So finally bit the bullet and bought new wipers after 4 years. The originals where just starting to smudge a little at higher speeds. Dealer had big sale on wipers so off I went to buy them and right away someone went to the car and installed them. Well some else had to come and install the rear wiper LOL because the first guy did not know how. The back one is a tricky one but once you see it done it is a 10 second job.
I had priced the Bosch wipers but I have always found OEM wipers do last longer.
I am now ready for our rainy season with fingers crossed that we have no snow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.