Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I had my 10k service done and wiper replacement was about $75. I just could not pay it....

I ordered Bosch 20ca (right/US passenger side) and 26ca (left/US driver's side) replacememt wipers that are the correct fit and work... but they make the wiper arm more visable when in the park position as the piece to attach the wiper on universal wipers is built out further.

Has anyone found good replacement wipers that they saw in person? I selected the Bosch because the pics looked similar to the stock wipers. Also could I just replace the blades and keep the wipers?

Thanks.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update

I found the Michelin Stealth Hybrid Wiper Blade and they appear to have the same look and install as the OEMs for a much better price.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Any more experience with this issue guys?

I called Land Rover and they quoted me something like $35 for the bigger wiper blade and $30 for the smaller one.
I'd really like to consider alternatives if there is something...

Thanks!
-Anthony

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You did not like the option I found?

I have been running with them since my post and they work and look great.

·
Registered
87 Posts
You did not like the option I found?

I have been running with them since my post and they work and look great.
I think I misread your post and thought that you concluded they didn't sit right.
Do you have a photo illustrating how they sit on your windshield?

-Anthony

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yes. 26 and 20. And you are right. I was totally confused in my own posts. I went with the CHAMPION HYBRID WIPERS for the better fit. This pic is of them.
Thanks!
Was looking on Amazon and they didn't seem to have super high reviews.
They working well for you?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just FYI, consult your owners manual about warranty. My 2016 Disco had 1 year wear part warranty that includes windshield wipers. The dealers here were trying to charge me ~$80 but I showed them my manual. They didn't even know this!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just FYI, consult your owners manual about warranty. My 2016 Disco had 1 year wear part warranty that includes windshield wipers. The dealers here were trying to charge me ~$80 but I showed them my manual. They didn't even know this!
Reading things can save you money... Wish I followed my own advice I give my students!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just a heads up for everyone. I finally did my wiper replacement. Went to local AutoZone here in MA.
I got Bosch Icon 26A for driver side and 20B for passenger side. They went on with no fuss whatsoever. The coverage area is a tiny bit bigger than the original ones, but there is no interference with wiper arms or edges of windscreen.

There's a bit more "wiper noise", think squeegee noise. But the wipe is no joke when it comes to clearing water/debris.

Highly recommended!

-Anthony

·
Registered
7 Posts
To be honest, I do think $75 is a little too expensive, even for the best wiper blades on the market. Bosch ICON series are of good quality and each pc costs around $20, that's $40 for a pair. You can also get free shipping if you place order from Amazon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts