Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a clue as to how to adjust the windshield washer nozzle on a Discovery Sport?

The Dealership didn't know how, the service technicians do not know how, the manual doesn't say how, a Pin/Needle does not work, a screwdriver does not work.

My sprayer nozzles are shooting all the fluid up and over the car and only a fine mist of spray ends up on the windshield. Behind me the cars are getting the full benefit of my washer fluid and it works great for them.

If there is a place in -any- manual/user guide that you could point to, that would be awesome.

Thanks,
Quark

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, it turns out that they can be adjusted, but they are very poorly designed.

It seems you need a very specifically sized flat-head screw driver and a lot of patience and respect for the part.

The nozzles are adjustable via a slot on the side of the nozzles. However, during manufacturing, these "dials" are lodged in there so tight, that they are extremely difficult to adjust.

The trick is to find the right screw driver, put it in the slot and do not push in any further. The forcefully, but gently (good luck) rotate both clock-wise and counter-clock-wise until you see and feel it turn. Each time you need to adjust it up or down, even just a tiny bit; you must go through these steps.

TIP: pay very close attention to where the slot is before putting the screw driver in and then adjust.

This only worked on one of two nozzles. The other nozzle won't budge at all.

The next time I go to the dealership; I'll request they replace them because they are a little banged up now from the attempts to adjust. My car has been in the shop for 4 weeks out of about 4 months of ownership - this is so minor to me now that it can wait.

Quark

PS - The reply voiceoffire

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well, it turns out that they can be adjusted, but they are very poorly designed.

It seems you need a very specifically sized flat-head screw driver and a lot of patience and respect for the part.

The nozzles are adjustable via a slot on the side of the nozzles. However, during manufacturing, these "dials" are lodged in there so tight, that they are extremely difficult to adjust.

The trick is to find the right screw driver, put it in the slot and do not push in any further. The forcefully, but gently (good luck) rotate both clock-wise and counter-clock-wise until you see and feel it turn. Each time you need to adjust it up or down, even just a tiny bit; you must go through these steps.

TIP: pay very close attention to where the slot is before putting the screw driver in and then adjust.

This only worked on one of two nozzles. The other nozzle won't budge at all.

The next time I go to the dealership; I'll request they replace them because they are a little banged up now from the attempts to adjust. My car has been in the shop for 4 weeks out of about 4 months of ownership - this is so minor to me now that it can wait.

Quark

PS - The reply voiceoffire
Thanks for that Quark, I will have to take a look at mine now as I never liked the spray pattern, even after the replacement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts