Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A dump truck was hauling down the highway and the cargo fabric was not over its debris. Rocks flew out and one hit my windshield just right.

I took down the license plate (wife took a pic from passenger seat) and called the police. They said there is not much I can do but call my insurance. :(

Of course I have the cold weather package with the heated windshield. My deductible is $500.... I am sure they will say it needs to be replaced. Fun... Fun... Maybe I am wrong and they can blast it out or something.

Anyone have this occur yet on their Disco sport?

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
They actually may not have to replace it. It looks like it can be repaired to be honest. I would have tried to contact the company directly or something.. it's more effective typically as I'm sure these things do happen quite often

·
Registered
211 Posts
Keep us updated on the windshield repair/replacement. That's a worry of mine since I also have the heated windshield... (still trying to get used to the heating lines in the windshield - especially at night:eek:!)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got it repaired. I can still see most of it, but it is filled and should not spread. If I am not happy with it, I can have it replaced through my insurance for my deductable. A new windshield (heated) is over $1k US.

I was talked out of replacing it as I was afaraid of losing the factory seal.... I have not had luck with this car and don't want another issue which would undoubtedly find me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts