Discovery Sport Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hi Disco Disco,

Have you tried to reset your windows yourself? This used to work on my Discovery 4 (LR4) so it may work with the DS.

You have to do the reset sequence (fully open - close the window and hold the button up for more than 3 secs) on each window in turn - i.e. all 4 !!! Then everything should be reset fine.

Its worth a go to see if it sorts it out.

D ;)
When you say "hold the button up" for more than 3 secs on each window in turn, do you mean the window close button in the car or something on the remote? Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
When you say "hold the button up" for more than 3 secs on each window in turn, do you mean the window close button in the car or something on the remote? Thanks.
Hi, hold the window close button in the car not the remote;)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Did the window reset. No luck. I bet those morons disabled it for the U.S. For some stupid reason.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Did the window reset. No luck. I bet those morons disabled it for the U.S. For some stupid reason.
Yea, I think I read elsewhere that it might be disabled in the US. Probably a regulation. The government's afraid that someone might lose a finger (even though I think there's a sensor for obstructions). Maybe someone will be able to figure out hot hack it. Maybe it's just a toggle switch on some board somewhere. I wouldn't know where to look, though, and I'm not privy to all of the tech manuals that I saw might be available on TOPIX.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Yep, nanny state strikes again. It does have anti pinch sensors on it so it just doesn't make any sense to me. It's not the be all, end all technical feature but the more I think about it the more I'd appreciate having this feature active. I'd use it on occasion.

I do like being able to use the global down on the way to the vehicle after having it parked in the sun all day or part of the day to help quickly evacuate the heat inside the car before we get in. That's a pretty cool feature when you have high temps like ours during the summer.
Even with the sun shade and tinted windows it can get dang hot inside.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I emailed LR directly about this using the Contact Us on the web page. My reply was to the effect that I need to ask the dealer about global open/close. I already asked and didn't really get a reply from the dealer. Which is why I asked LR directly. Oh well. I might have an option for it in the car, but it's not mentioned in the manual, but I might ask the dealer again.

·
Registered
590 Posts
My dealership told me to ask LR Corp. I did and they referred me back to the dealership. I wasn't real happy with the runaround just to find an answer for a simple question. The dealerships lead tech now has an inquiry in with LR.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I got the same run-around. However, the service tech told me after they looked at my car today that global close is not implemented in North America. I can only surmise that it's related to people being injured and suing Land Rover which probably happens more in the US than anywhere else. Just my guess, though.

·
Registered
590 Posts
My sales rep got back to me today. The lead tech got an answer on the Global window up (close). As rcbjr2 stated..in the infinate wisdom of the nanny state, global close is not allowed by law in 'Merica.....from the key fob.
However, if you hold the passive entry on the door handles in the lock mode for 4 seconds the windows will globally close. :)
I tried it tonight and it works. Well, its better than nothing. Its surprising to me that it took a call from a lead tech to LR corporate to find that nugget out. Do they not get training on this stuff? But oh well, there you go.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
My sales rep got back to me today. The lead tech got an answer on the Global window up (close). As rcbjr2 stated..in the infinate wisdom of the nanny state, global close is not allowed by law in 'Merica.....from the key fob.
However, if you hold the passive entry on the door handles in the lock mode for 4 seconds the windows will globally close. :)
I tried it tonight and it works. Well, its better than nothing. Its surprising to me that it took a call from a lead tech to LR corporate to find that nugget out. Do they not get training on this stuff? But oh well, there you go.
Nuts. I missed this back in July. I just read about your tip in another forum. I'm going to try it tonight! I was going to post the tip here, but you beat me to it!

Thanks.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I thought I posted a reply earlier, but I guess it didn't take. I just found out about this in another forum. I guess I missed it in this one. I tested it this afternoon and it works! Not as convenient as on the key fob, but at least it works. Will be useful feature when we're out of the car and someone forgot to close a window!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Yeah Ive had to use it when I neglected to roll the rear windows all the way up a few times..... :)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Is passive entry an option? My Disco has a picture of a key on the driver door handle and underneath the handle is a little square that appears to be hollow. Just seems odd this would be an option since it has push start and recognizes the fob.

Also, regarding the BT audio earlier... I have plugged in a NAS (Usb hard drive with wireless) into the middle console USB port. It works even better than an iPod and gives access to movies and such for my son with his tablet. The USB interface is very intuitive and not really talked up.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Yes passive entry is on my DS - just pull the door handle and unlocks.

The key symbol means that when you remove the door cover port you get a real key which you can use the key in your remote to open the car should the passive entry fail.
This can happen if your battery fails inside the remote.
Read the manual for details on how to use the old fashioned key in your remote.

As for the wireless NAS - what is that device ?
How does it work to a tablet ?

·
Registered
311 Posts
I am using the Buffalo Mini Airstation 2. http://www.buffalo-technology.com/e...e/ministationtm/hdw-pdu3-ministationtm-air-2/

There are other brands, but this was the best buy for the money. I got it on Amazon for $130. I think it was a special deal then.

It connects to tablets via an app that is available on play or app store. The device creates its own wifi and network. You can also find other apps that easily browse networks and play files in many more formats.

The car recognizes it right away when plughed into the usb port and it is so fast and has great quality for audio playback.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I did the re-set mentioned earlier in the posts. ie lowered the window down then raised it, then held the switch fully raised for about 10 seconds. After that, one touch up worked on all four windows! PS I'm a newbie, just purchased HSE Lux last week in UK. Loving the car. Had a Freelander 2 and this is far superior!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts