Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Discovery Sport HSE, 2001 Jeep XJ Cherokee
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a long story, but through a mistake by Ford, in acquiring his new Bronco, my neighbor has ended up with the 35s that are on the Bronco, and are supposed to be on the Bronco, and the 255/70R18 Bridgestone Dueler ATs the Bronco accidentally shipped with. My neighbor has basically offered to give me the Bridgestones.

My DS is a 2019 with the Eibach lift springs and 10,000 miles on the OEM Pirellis (235/60R18). The Bridgestones are 32.1" in diameter and and 10 " wide. Would they fit?

Font Rectangle Number Screenshot Pattern

·
Registered
13 Posts
They will likely rub when turning and with suspension compressed. On top of that the ride and handling will suffer too. Lower fuel economy. Less responsive handling. More noise. More wear and tear on suspension components. Slower acceleration.

I know it looks cool but not worth it IMO.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks have nothing to do with it. It's about increased off-road and snow traction, and using the increase in ground clearance obtained with Eibach lift springs to mount a taller tire. If your neighbor is offering a new set of Bridgestone Dueler AT s for next to nothing,, one should at least check them out.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My 30.5" tall tires scrapes slightly at full lock. Unfortunately, there's no feasible way 32s will fit, unless you're willing to chop up the fenders and pinch welds, not to mention the lack of space above the front tires to the spring seats. A 10" wide tire will fit though.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. When he told me they are 32s I figured I was out of luck. Do you know if having the Eibach lift springs makes a difference?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks for the info. When he told me they are 32s I figured I was out of luck. Do you know if having the Eibach lift springs makes a difference?
Nope, unfortunately not. I have the lift myself and it doesn’t change the tire distance to fender, pinch weld, or spring seat by an appreciable amount. You can even look in and measure the amount of tire space you have to play with, between the tire and the strut. I have about a fingers width (this distance is fixed and doesn’t change with compression or extension).

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Vehicle

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you very much for providing this demonstration. It looks like the tires of my future will be of 30" diameter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts