Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In photos and in person, I find that some Dicos look so much better than others but I am not sure why. What are the actual visual differences between the SE HSE and Lux and do the Black packages or any other packages lower the car? Obviously larger rims make the gap smaller and all black trim and wheels can make the lines easier on the eyes. However even within cars that are all black-packaged out, sometimes the nose seems much higher from the ground than others, both IRL and in photos. It confuses me and I can't get a good eye on what makes some look much better than others.

Am I crazy or is there some reasoning for this and I'm missing some packages or something.

http://topcarsreleasedates.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Land-Rover-2016-Discovery-Sport_-view-.jpg|
http://www.conceptcarz.com/images/Land Rover/Land-Rover-Discover-Sport-2015-01.jpg

vs

http://www.sacarfan.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Discovery-Sport_020.jpg
http://performancedrive.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/2015-Land-Rover-Discovery-Sport.jpg

To me, the first pictures the front of the car seems more full and not skinny, comes down low, the car seems nice and full, has a foward lean, etc.
In the second two pictures, the front seems skinny and doesn't seem full. car seems skinny and not full, noticeably different stance (to me).

I find the same issue IRL. Sometimes the car looks nice and clean with a solid stance, not skinny and I like it. Then I see another a few days later and the front seems super skinny and narrow/cheap comes far off the ground. I can't wrap my head around why the car sometimes seems beautiful to me and other seems very cheap.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Well, in product literature and promotional shots, The pictures are shopped to enhance their appearance. Stance is lowered, maybe widened, shading is enhanced, etc.
They are just messaged to get a better perception.

But even in real life some packages and model trims just look much better than others. Our HSE Lux with black 20" wheels, black accents, tinted windows and black top look soooo much better than standard models. I notice it whenever I need a loaner. I feel like I'm stepping into a completely different vehicle when I get a lower trim. The other Discos that I see on the road that really catch my eye are the ones equipped similarly to ours.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So it really is just photoshop in the end, that doesn't surprise me.

So there are no packages that change the springs that give the car a lower stance etc right?

I agree that the only ones that have a chance IRL of giving off the look are ones similar to yours. Blacked out with 19"+ rims. I still feel like some are lowered and the front seems a bit different but none of those packages have significant changes to appearance do they besides black trim?

·
Registered
590 Posts
So it really is just photoshop in the end, that doesn't surprise me.

So there are no packages that change the springs that give the car a lower stance etc right?

I agree that the only ones that have a chance IRL of giving off the look are ones similar to yours. Blacked out with 19"+ rims. I still feel like some are lowered and the front seems a bit different but none of those packages have significant changes to appearance do they besides black trim?

No lowering packages that I know of in the aftermarket, But I do not have my finger on the pulse of lowering vehicles.
No significant changes or variances between trims.

However I have seen one factory package called the Dynamic package that defiantly has suspension upgrades....Although, I've never seen one in person. I've never encountered anyone on forums that has one either...
Frankfurt 2015: Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE Dynamic Lux

·
Registered
151 Posts
They have all looked the same to me in stock. Of course, if it has been modified (eg: wide body kit, lowered suspension, etc) then that would be apples vs. oranges.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you are looking to lower your DS check out Eibach or H&R for options. 30mm up or down seems to be the norm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts