Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which options you love, which are "meh.." and which you could not care less about?

I am thinking about getting a Discovery Sport and can't decide on options.
Most of them are very new to me and it is hard to decide what is really essential,
what is just a gadget that I will never need or bother to use and what options
are totally waste of money.

Question to you guys who own the Disco Sport for a while, how do you feel
about the options and packages that you have chosen?
Which of those you really find essential? Which ones do you wish you got?
Which you feel you wasted your money on?

Yeah, that and anything you can think of regarding packages and options.
Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Get:
- Cold climate package if you live in a colder state. 100% worth the money. Heated steering wheel is golden.
- Black headliner: literally what make or breaks a vehicle in my opinion. It makes your vehicle look that much more premium and differentiates it from economical cars on the road.
- Pay for the OEM all-weather floor mats/cargo tray. They have the Land Rover logo on them and if you're going to pay 40k for a vehicle, it deserves a lot more than Costco car mats.

Skip:
- Navigation package. Excruciatingly slow and not detailed to where the destination is. Smartphone navigation is the way to go since they are always updated, fast, and detailed.

·
Registered
33 Posts
100% agree with getting the Cold Climate Package. Heated and cooled front seats. I use the cooled every time I drive and my wife uses the heated every time (We grew up in different climates and are accustomed to that)

I got the weather tech floor liners for about 200 for the whole car. However I sometimes wish I got the land rover brand. I think they would fit just a little bit better and look a little bit better.

I got the AEB so the Nav came with it. I am ok with the nav. I do use it over the phone but i do think the phone nav is better. the nav in the car does give you what lane you should be in like google does so thats helpful.

I can't say much about the black headliner. I have no problem with the look of the lighter one. but it does sound nice.

I didn't get it, but the Black Pack does look really nice. I got the Scotia Grey with Grey wheels. I love it the way it is. But the black grill would look really nice too on it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'd for sure say the climate package. I'll be installing an OEM tow package myself, but it's a must as well for me. Also, get the upgraded sound system. That base-model sound system is the pits.

·
Registered
121 Posts
We are pretty close to fully loaded. The only options that we do not have that I am aware of are the heads up display and 360 camera. I genuinely use and enjoy all of the other options on our vehicle...cold climate pack, ventilated seats, upgraded sound system and nav (far more responsive and faster than the stock system) and I find the lux seats so much more comfortable(for me personally).

The only option we added that I find we rarely use is the dynamic drive mode. I used it on the weekend and it reminded me of my more spirited driving days which was fun but its not an option I use day to day and could live without.

M

·
0 Posts
Options that were a "must have" for me: Ventilated seats (which include heated steering wheel and windscreen), 360 degree camera, upgraded audio (for the satellite and nav), black pack. The lane departure/blind spot/AEB were not must haves, but glad to have them. Pano roof was not on the list, but do like that (wish it opened). The protection package is nice, but others have said that the Weathertech floor mats cover better. Added the roof rack myself and like it quite a bit. Not only adds functionality, but the subtle change to the roof line is quite nice, IMHO.

Have heard from others about the Heads Up display (which I thought would be nice) that it is impossible to see the display with polarized sunglasses (which makes sense). What's the point in sunglasses if they aren't polarized? So, glad I didn't go that route. Don't have the park assist - so can't talk about that.

Wish I had 19" wheels (I have 18's) - they seem to fill the wheel well a bit better - not sure how the ride differs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Definitely recommend getting the LR rubber mats, and rear cargo rubber mat. Love it. Makes me feel like Welsh farmer ;)

Love the blind spot monitor. The cross-traffic alert is awesome.

Wish I had the surround camera setup for off-roading.

I have the AUS HSE spec, which includes the auto-highbeam xenon lights, the 10 way seats, auto wipers, auto lights.

Most surprising thing I love is the climate front row. Heated adjustable lumbar support is doing wonders for a back injury.

And I love the panoramic roof. Gorgeous. I use it every night on the way home... pretty starlight. Kids love it when we are off road in forests... gets them to stop playing with their devices.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts