Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am currently clocked at 10,900 miles on the odometer with my DS HSE. My vehicle is leased, and I was wondering how much would it cost to have it serviced at the dealer? I will only request for them to do an oil change for my vehicle, however I am tempted to get my oil changed at a local shop that I will already provide them with the 7.4 quarts of oil and the filter. I plan on getting the tire rotations, wheel alignment and air filter done at different places as well. Does anyone know if my vehicle uses a specific rare type of oil catered solely to JLR that is hard to find in your local Autozone? I understand that my vehicle uses SAE 0W-20 grade engine oil. My local Autozone store has this oil by Castrol Edge, Valvoline. Is that the same case with the oil filters as well, are they specific for this car or can I purchase something like K&N for example. How much did you guys end up paying for your first oil change at the dealer. On my dash it says that service is already required, and truth be told I don't really want to end up paying $600 for an oil change at the dealer. Need your thoughts, much appreciated!!!!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Since each dealer has different rates you could always phone and ask which would be the first thing I would do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just had my first service done at 10,000 miles (which is the recommended service) at a local European Auto service shop that does a lot of work on Land Rovers for less than $120. My Land Rover dealer would have been over $300, which is more than was will to pay for basically an oil change and inspection.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts