Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the tire loads specs etc...I see they say maximum weight for cargo + passengers shouldn't exceed 850 lbs or something near that....
I am supposed to pick up some heavy stone pavers in the coming days.....not sure if I should do 2 trips.
Don't know the weight of the pallet but will ask at the yard...if they say about 500 lbs - I will risk it...I am guessing that should be OK resting on the single rear axle, if the entire vehicle can take 800lbs.

Anyone has actual data on maximum cargo load ?

thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
The rated load is for a fully loaded vehicle traveling highway speeds. If you are doing that, stick to the specs and make sure your tires are aired up to the normal settings.

However, if you are driving less than 35 mph and less than 10 miles, exceeding the numbers by some amount would likely do no harm.

We are doing some landscaping this weekend, and hauled 750 lbs of stone home from a neighborhood hardware store. It handled the load fine, but myself and my wife could feel the extra weight in the car. We could have hauled more volume, but stuck to the specs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts