Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
**InControl Touch Infotainment system.
We purchased the InControl Infotainment system as an option for US$3000.
Being in the computer security field I won't allow the system to be "always connected".
So the solution was to use the wireless connectivity to connect to and utilize Internet resources (Google, maps, etc) using a Wireless "hotspot", and disconnect when not in use.
We just found out the hard way that it is completely useless.
Once in Drive and in motion the system locks you out of using the feature.
So - a vehicle that is designed to move and get you places - won't allow you to use a very expensive feature while moving.
Even the passenger (that's what we would have done with the ability) can't use it.
No documentation that we can find, you just have to discover it.

** HBA feature disabled from factory (US$250), no documentation (the service guy showed us how to enable it at the one year service).
** IMO, even the Meridian sound system isn't all that great. I can build a better sounding system from Radio Shack.
** Very poor documentation.
** Seat heat / cool controls take a number of steps to actually turn on/off.
** Auto start/stop dangerous.
** Sluggish acceleration/transmission valve, again dangerous.
** Intermittent stuck shifter knob.
** Virtually no console storage space.
** Not enough space in the sunglasses holder to hold non-fold-flat sunglasses.
** Squeaks, rattles.
** Service charges $$$.
** Various user interface problems (Music navigation, nav screen shifting to a login screen for no reason, GPS well behind actual position / where to turn and more).

Sorry, but the InControl moving lock out problem has sent me cranky.

·
Registered
61 Posts
We found out that to do the software updates the dealer (Wisconsin) has to stream the load to the car from Atlanta over the Internet.
What should take minutes takes hours. They are not allowed to have the software locally. Or so I'm told.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts