Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I'm looking to buy a Discovery Sport soon, and wanted to see if I could get an answer from actual owners on something that has been extremely confusing to me... So... I live in the city and want to make sure the car will fit comfortably inside our parking space. When I search around looking for the dimensions of the car on Google, almost every website says the car's exterior body width is 74.6 inches, but then I came across the Land Rover specs and they say 81.5 inches... which is about the same width as a full size Range Rover. Every Discovery Sport listing on Land Rover dealership sites say 74.6, which seems more believable after test driving it, but the associate I've been talking to at the dealership keeps telling me to trust the Land Rover official spec site which says 81.5"

I'm beyond confused about why there's a 7 INCH difference in width numbers across the internet and even on dealership sites and if anyone has insight into this I'd greatly appreciate an answer. Thanks so much!

(the 74.6" spec isn't specific to my dealership's site, it's on every single dealership site in the country)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That?s what I initially though too, but the associate sent me this which is the same info from the Land Rover specs site. This is saying it?s 81.5? folded and 85.6? mirrors out. 74.6? seems more accurate based on the class of car and comparisons to other cars but I?m not sure where that number came from. I see both everywhere

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
The numbers in the picture sound right to me. The mirrors don't fold in a lot to reduce the width (width stated without mirrors is not practical)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was curious and I wanted to assist, so I just measured my 2016, Canadian model, I came up with 85.5 with the mirrors out and 81.5 with the mirrors in. I thought the mirrors folded made more distance but the furthest out point of the mirror changes with them folded.

Hope that helps..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts