Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I would like to put more aggressive (A/T) tires on my LRDS 2016 with 235/60/R18 tires. Does anyone know what tires will fit without a lift or new rims? I looked through the forums but didn't find any obvious suggestions.

Thanks
riddy

·
Registered
589 Posts
Im not sure that many have changed the tires out to bigger ones yet in the Disco Sport world. You may start banging around on the Evoque forums. Thats where I got the idea for larger tires for the 20" wheels on our Disco.

Whatever you find out, please report back.

·
Registered
588 Posts
GO to Tirerack.com and punch in your model car, size wheels, and ask for a +1 (Plus 1) size up.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I am interested in doing the same - I found on America's Tire/Discount Tire - you can go larger width or aspect ratio while maintaining the same rim diameter.
They say:
235/65-18
255/60-18
275/55-18
245/60-18
235/60-18 (OEM)
255/55-18

Interesting to see what will really fit the stock OEM rims...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I am researching the same sources (Tirerack, Discount Tires etc) but haven't found anything definitive yet. Some of these tires seems to match the specs, but I am concerned about whether they will rub against the rim when cornering etc. I called up the parts store at the local dealer, but the guy at the counter could only talk about snow tires out of the catalog.

Looking through the Evoque forums is a good idea. Will do and report back. Cheers.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I would also be concerned of possible effects on the drive system of the vehicle. As an AWD vehicle with many computerized components the weight of bigger tires alone may adversly effect the drive program. I may just be a worrier... But this is not a Jeep Wrangler... It is much more sophosticated.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Thanks DiscoDisco!

I ended up ordering a set of winter tires for the Disco!

America's Tire was having a sale on their winter tires and I got the:
BRIDGESTONE BLIZZAK DMV2

255 /55 R18 109T XL BSW

2 sizes wider but same aspect ratio and same diameter!

Should look good too!

Price was excellent - $169 each and $150 gift card rebates!

Will post when it comes in - special order coming from East coast!

Guess west coast folks don't buy winter snow tires....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Found this (australian) page listing some 18" A/T tires (or tyres :) for Land Rovers. Not DS per se, but I'll research some of these.

Sallypat, that tire looks great. I take it they fit on the OEM rims? Even though the sidewall height is the same (approx 140mm) on both, the width is 20mm more.

R

1 - 11 of 11 Posts