Discovery Sport Forum banner

Went in for recall services and list of complaints - now happy all resolved!

19K views 34 replies 12 participants last post by  4sallypat 
#1 ·
After a year of having the DS, I finally went into my selling dealer's service dept for a list of warranty / recall campaigns (sunglass holder, license plate lights, powertrain control module, NLI phase, and second row seat creak).

I also had a list of complaints (laggy engine, navigation failures & fuel gauge false levels) as well and believe it or not - the dealer addressed all of them and now the car drives better than new!

No more rattles from the rear seats, no more lag in the engine, no more slow to respond infotainment, no more false fuel gauge reading, and best of all, a reliable working navigation that no longer keeps saying "SD Card Error".....

The car runs so much better - performs just as well as the Evoque loaner that I had for weeks.... No more lag in the accelerator to engine connection - snaps to gear and gets moving much better now. Feels like a new car!

The infotainment system is much faster, turns on each time I turn on the car and responds to my touch on the soft keys so much better.

However, in the process of updating the infotainment, all my bluetooth devices (phones) were wiped as well as my radio station settings....

So get your DS into your dealer for the warranty work as well as the recall campaigns!:D

Well worth the time they take to address all my issues - gotta love the DS again!

See less See more
#35 ·
Glad to hear that JLR has taken care of these common issues at no cost!

It's refreshing to know that a manufacturer now cares enough about their customer to address them without hassles.

I remember a decade ago, Land Rover would never take care of such "trivial" complaints - they had an old stuffy attitude and would not provide customer service, much less for free.

Now, I see JLR joining the ranks of BMW, Merc, Audi when customers complain - they now listen, show genuine concern, and addresses them!

What a wonderful time to be part of this niche automotive brand!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.