Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm really curious about the powertrain and Infotainment updates. I don't have any real issues (that I know of;)), but wonder if those updates would improve my DS. Hard to know whether acceleration could be better without something to compare it to - but can't complain for a 4 cylinder turbo on a relatively heavy vehicle (accelerates better with less turbo lag than the Mazda CX-7 I had several years ago).

My biggest issues with Infotainment regards no scan function and scanning between presets instead of all stations (discussed in previous threads), and the "load" time it takes for satellite stations to come on when starting up (not long, about 15-20 seconds or so, but still a bit annoying). Not sure if the update would address those issues (after all, it's just a computer - should be able to reprogram those things, right?)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Curious as to which DSs may need, and which may already have based on production dates. I bought mine at the end of August (though not sure when built) - so would I need/benefit from the powertrain update?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Do you have a way to determine production date? Is it in the VIN (or on the tag in the door frame - hadn't looked there)?

·
Registered
211 Posts
That's kind of what I thought - with mine in for service can't check right now...

·
Registered
211 Posts
OMG - not another post about Infotainment presets?!?! There seems to be huge inconsistencies over what we are seeing. I had mine in for service about 3 weeks ago, which included updates - and I can not scan/toggle through presets :( Has there been a more recent Infotainment update???

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have the mid-range Infotainment, which I believe is Meridian as well (but not the high dollar unit). I do not have the ability to scan/toggle through presets.

I mentioned before (I think in this thread - but they all start to blend) that I had an Evoque loaner (not sure which trim, but was not high level trim). That had a Meridian radio, but not satellite, and I could scan/toggle through the presets on the Evoque... Not sure how that helps anyone here, but it was fun to type :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts