Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a year of having the DS, I finally went into my selling dealer's service dept for a list of warranty / recall campaigns (sunglass holder, license plate lights, powertrain control module, NLI phase, and second row seat creak).

I also had a list of complaints (laggy engine, navigation failures & fuel gauge false levels) as well and believe it or not - the dealer addressed all of them and now the car drives better than new!

No more rattles from the rear seats, no more lag in the engine, no more slow to respond infotainment, no more false fuel gauge reading, and best of all, a reliable working navigation that no longer keeps saying "SD Card Error".....

The car runs so much better - performs just as well as the Evoque loaner that I had for weeks.... No more lag in the accelerator to engine connection - snaps to gear and gets moving much better now. Feels like a new car!

The infotainment system is much faster, turns on each time I turn on the car and responds to my touch on the soft keys so much better.

However, in the process of updating the infotainment, all my bluetooth devices (phones) were wiped as well as my radio station settings....

So get your DS into your dealer for the warranty work as well as the recall campaigns!:D

Well worth the time they take to address all my issues - gotta love the DS again!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Good for you. I pick mine up tomorrow for the fourth time hoping they got everything fixed this time.

They told me they couldn't get text messaging to work for my iPhone 6S. It works for Android phones and the iPhone 7 but not the 6 or 6S. They tried all the phones from the Dealership staff. I guess I will have to talk to Land Rover again and see what their plan is? Pay the difference for a upgrade to a iPhone 7, compensate me for a feature that doesn't work or what!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm - my iPhone 6s+ works with the messaging display and voice readback....

·
Registered
87 Posts
I am going to bring the DS in to the dealer for some work - is there any specific service code I should mention for all those things you had done? I've already done the license plate light and I don't have a second row creak to begin with.

But I definitely want them to address the powertrain and NLI.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am going to bring the DS in to the dealer for some work - is there any specific service code I should mention for all those things you had done? I've already done the license plate light and I don't have a second row creak to begin with.

But I definitely want them to address the powertrain and NLI.
Here they are:
Fuel Gauge calibration: perform instructions in bulletin LTB00830NAS1, and calibrate
instrument pack.

Powertrain update: refer to UPS5316
CAUSE: Q607C
129013 TUNE - DOWNLOAD - ENGINE MANAGEMENT ECU
997036 WL
020202 CONSTANT ALLOWANCE - SEPARATE VEHICLE

Incontrol Touch update (Infotainment):
Q632 NLI PHASE 3.0
CAUSE: Q632B.
869115 INCONTROL TOUCH - NLI - AUDIO FRONT
CONTROL MODULE - CONFIGURE

2nd row seat creak:
Q631 2ND ROW SEAT RUNNERS CREAK
CAUSE: Q631B.
78858967 REAR SEAT (SECOND ROW) FRAME - CREAKING
- REPAIR
997036 WL

Navigation SD card error:
"SD CARD READ
ERROR". CHECK AND ADVISE
CAUSE: .
865069 SOCKET - AUXILIARY INPUT - RENEW
997036 WL
1 LR085516 SOCKET - INTERFA
762500 SHOP TIME
997036 WL
found older version of sd card reader. attempt to remove sd card
reader, but found electrical harness too short to unplug without
removing upper floor console. remove shift console and cup holder for
access to sd card reader connections (dw time). replace sd card reader
and refit cup holder, and shift module. test system. ok.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes, I visited the service, and they told me those recall items to me as well. I hope those can fix all of the problems! Figures crossed!

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm really curious about the powertrain and Infotainment updates. I don't have any real issues (that I know of;)), but wonder if those updates would improve my DS. Hard to know whether acceleration could be better without something to compare it to - but can't complain for a 4 cylinder turbo on a relatively heavy vehicle (accelerates better with less turbo lag than the Mazda CX-7 I had several years ago).

My biggest issues with Infotainment regards no scan function and scanning between presets instead of all stations (discussed in previous threads), and the "load" time it takes for satellite stations to come on when starting up (not long, about 15-20 seconds or so, but still a bit annoying). Not sure if the update would address those issues (after all, it's just a computer - should be able to reprogram those things, right?)

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The powertrain update is AMAZING! New car feel - peppier engine, fast throttle, quick RPM changes.
After this update, the car feels more like my BMW - 4 cylinder 528i....

As for the Infotainment, I noticed a much faster input key touch cycle for the Navigation.
As for the radio, it's still slow and laggy - I don't mind it all.

I'm just happy with the uber reliable navigation that works each and every time....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Went in dealers mid October for recall work on leaky boot, rattley rear boot cover & rear seat the dealer also did a software update. On way home from dealer "AEB Initialising" warning came up. As it's only a warning I thought - It'll clear when it sorts itself. After two days still coming up & not clearing. Rang dealer to get advice from technician. After checking work card he said it would have to go back to workshop to get AEB re-callibrated - apparently need doing after software update. Been in dealers three weeks now & still no sign of solution. Hopefully it will benefit from the engine & power train tweaks that everyone seems to have noticed - I'll look out for them when I get it back. Brand new Big Disco loan car is fine but a bit big for round village.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks for the post 4sallypat! The powertrain update is the one I -- and I would imagine most if not all of us -- have been waiting for! Already have my DS scheduled to be brought in, will post feedback and opinions after I get it back.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Curious as to which DSs may need, and which may already have based on production dates. I bought mine at the end of August (though not sure when built) - so would I need/benefit from the powertrain update?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Curious as to which DSs may need, and which may already have based on production dates. I bought mine at the end of August (though not sure when built) - so would I need/benefit from the powertrain update?
You will need to contact your JLR dealer service dept for the list of needed updates based on your VIN.

·
Registered
104 Posts
pretty annoyed. Went into the service dept yesterday, expecting to get the Powertrain update. Discovered that my VIN fell outside of the date range for the update, so I basically went in for nothing.

I wish the service coordinator told me this ahead of time, saving me a 45 min trip. It all started with him telling me about the "PO91" update, which is when the car accidentally slips into neutral. Found out that my VIN wasn't eligible for that, either (not a bad thing, but still . . . the coordinator needs to get his head back in the game). I really really wanted the powertrain update!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So does that mean your car already has the powertrain update installed?

When was your production date ?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Do you have a way to determine production date? Is it in the VIN (or on the tag in the door frame - hadn't looked there)?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Do you have a way to determine production date? Is it in the VIN (or on the tag in the door frame - hadn't looked there)?
With the VIN you can go to VIN Decode site and find out.
I just looked at my VIN plate on the driver door frame:

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
That's kind of what I thought - with mine in for service can't check right now...

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My DS's build date was 6/25/2015
Just 3 months before mine.
Yours should have qualified for the powertrain update.

Contact another JLR dealer service dept with your VIN and find out for sure ....

1 - 20 of 35 Posts