Discovery Sport Forum banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
UPDATE:
Lease end approaching and restoring the DS back to factory....

Selling my roof rails, cross rails, winter tires and ski box.

See all my DS items for sale on eBay:
Factory black roof rails - pano roof: Factory Land Rover glossy black roof rails VPLCR0136
Blizzak 18" DMV2 winter tire set of 4 - 7/32" tread remaining: Blizzak DMV2 winter tires for 18" DS
Rola cross rails with ski rack & faring Rola cross bars with Yakima FatCat 6 ski / snowboard rack and wind fairing.
Thule / Mercedes long roof box - 330 liters - lockable for luggage, oars, fishing poles, longarms: Thule Mercedes 81200 PM ski box roof anchor T channel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
After three years of ownerships would you lease/buy another Discovery Sport?

I'm one year into my SE model lease and am considering installing a roof rack. A trailer hitch would be handy too, but it's way overpriced.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
After three years of ownerships would you lease/buy another Discovery Sport?

I'm one year into my SE model lease and am considering installing a roof rack. A trailer hitch would be handy too, but it's way overpriced.
After 3 years with the first year model iteration - no.
The newer generation 2017+ DS is much better - my dealer had me test drive a newer Ingenium engine DS and found it behaves more like a Jag F Pace or Evoque with a peppier engine.

I would get a newer DS is they had a diesel option or PHEV.

On and off road traction is amazing and I love how the torque vectoring keeps you gripping around corners, especially power turns.

The alignment has been 100% amazing - in my past 10 vehicles, I have never seen a car that maintains alignment (camber, caster, toe) even after going over rocks, boulders, curbs, hitting sidewalks and popping up on them.

My winter tires I have for sale are a testament of maintaining alignment even after the Land Rover Experience off road course, off roading in the local mountains, and taking shortcuts over curbs.

Roof rack is the best way to use more space up top - loved how the sleek roof rails and low profile cross bars can load up so many different items.....

NOTE: just sold the Thule / Merc ski box.
Still have the factory roof rails, cross bars, and winter tires.....

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
UPDATE...

SOLD: Blizzak tires & Thule roof box.

Still available for sale: Factory Roof rails and Cross bars.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts