Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far so good...
With one week on the clock and 320 miles, I do like the LRDs.
A couple of head scratchers though:
**Very little console storage room (I am aware of the cupholder one).
**12vdc outlet nowhere near the dash.
**Sunglass holder too small for my normal sized sunglasses, argh.
**Fuel gauge doesn't seem to be linear in its action. I will have to learn it.
A couple of things to get used to:
**Keyless fob. **All of the automatic lock / unlock features (not sure of I will ever "not manually lock the doors")
Real irritation:
** Auto Stop/Start feature...Dangerous. Come to a stop sign and then try to go, the hesitation is dangerous. I turn it off now.

So far the vehicle drives very well. Not much of a learning curve.
Good ride, great handling, great stopping, good acceleration (aside from the slight turbo lag).
I have the 10in screen and it is nice, the navigation system is a sight better that in my MKX or X3, so that is a plus.

·
Registered
4 Posts
lame audio controls

so here's the deal. Mine is 2 weeks old i had a 325w upgrade and cant feel the sub-woofer. taking it to the mechanic the day after. will see how it goes, the only setting is mid/bass /treble. i owned an audi a4 before i got the LRDs it had 14 speakers and controls to tackle bass and surround. Its just dumb that they did not include these controls.

·
Registered
84 Posts
yup totally agree their 325w system and ive heard even the larger 800 something one are all weak, nothing compared to the range rover systems....

Ive actually added 2 10" subs.

and a lot of sound deadening material.

As you can see there was nothing on the exterior panel under the door speaker panel, there was1 small strip on the exterior panel behind hte speaker pod so i added some back there too...

·
Registered
121 Posts
mind taking a picture of the audio sound control menu where you can adjust mid / bass / treble?
@agarabaghi if you still need a photo of the sound control on touch pro I can snap one for you. I upgraded to the 800W meridian and its okay. I came from a Harmon Kardon system in my old ride and I dearly miss it. haha.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We just bought a 2017 Sport and I hate the sound system. Has anyone done a full upgrade (head unit, amp, speakers, sub, etc)? When I look for after market gear to install, I don't get any fit confirmations/recommendations.

·
Registered
84 Posts
We just bought a 2017 Sport and I hate the sound system. Has anyone done a full upgrade (head unit, amp, speakers, sub, etc)? When I look for after market gear to install, I don't get any fit confirmations/recommendations.
I have not done a full upgrade and not sure i will. the car with the 325w system has plenty of mid / treble, just no bass....

we install an amp under the tire cover and 2 shallow mounted 10" subs downfiring in the trunk sounds MUCH better. you could easily get away with 1 shallow down firing, but 2 10" allows for a larger shelf area so you can still use the trunk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is anyone else bothered with the steering wheel radio controls that only scan to the next station? In my last car the buttons went through my presets. This DS has absolutely no way to go through the presets. I have been looking at after market solutions, but it's really ridiculous to buy a new vehicle and then have to buy something else as a workaround.

M

·
0 Posts
Is anyone else bothered with the steering wheel radio controls that only scan to the next station? In my last car the buttons went through my presets. This DS has absolutely no way to go through the presets. I have been looking at after market solutions, but it's really ridiculous to buy a new vehicle and then have to buy something else as a workaround.
Yes, oh, yes. This has been a topic of discussion/frustration for quite a while - with seemingly no solution on the horizon (though it would seem to simply involve some reprogramming to the Infotainment system - which is basically a computer - and an update). I never looked for that feature (in addition to the simple scan button that cycle scans for a few seconds on all available stations) when I bought my DS. The thought that it wasn't available, in 2016, never crossed my mind. Of all the great things on this car, this oversight just baffles me.

Don't know if JLR is not aware (how could they not be?), or doesn't really care. :eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts