Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I thought I would start a new thread just to see how much warranty work and associated costs, if you are aware, that work costs.

We bought the DS in October of 2015 and from memory:

I am thinking I will just update this post as time goes on. Dollar values with a ? are guesses.

November 2015, check engine light and transmission reflash - $100?
December 2015 - replace washer nozzles - $200?
January 2016 - check engine light, bottom plastic door trim came loose, driver's side rear door misaligned - $1200
Feburary 2016 - check engine light - $100?
March 2016 - check engine light - leaking fuel injectors and spark plug replacement - $2500
April 2016 - check engine light - high pressure fuel pump replaced - $$$ TBD

Total of $4100 estimated cost.

How much work have others needed?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Wow, I am at 10,000 miles, and while I've had software issues, I've not had any mechanical issues (knock on wood). I have had a few rattles, but they seem to be gone at the moment. I've had a few systems failure (e.g., AEB didn't work one night), but those are usually one-off situations (after the car sits for a while, I guess it "reboots" and things work again). I've had some software patches applied (e.g., recalibration of the gas gauge which let's me fill up 16.5 gallons instead of 14). Good luck with all this. Even though I haven't had a lot of replacement parts yet, I know that others are in the same boat (and I worry about the cost of work when the warranty expires as well, but after this is paid off, I don't really want another car payment...).

·
Registered
242 Posts
I've had those gloss black piano window pillars replaced before when I complained they came scratched up. not sure how much they cost, I'd assume a lot since my car had to be there overnight due to removing door panels. I'm at about 11k miles right now, just went in for 1st service, it was a hefty of $400 bill for oil change, cabin filter change, and various safety checks (not sure what those are exactly..)
luckily I have $300 voucher from JLR for my purchase of the US Launch Edition. still 100 out of my pocket. my service adviser told me the next service is usually about $600 range, and the 3rd is 1200, then it goes back down to 300-400 on the 4th. I didn't purchase the maintenance pack, didn't think it was worth it because the car only needs servicing once a year. what do you guys think?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I thought I would start a new thread just to see how much warranty work and associated costs, if you are aware, that work costs.

We bought the DS in October of 2015 and from memory:

I am thinking I will just update this post as time goes on. Dollar values with a ? are guesses.

November 2015, check engine light and transmission reflash - $100?
December 2015 - replace washer nozzles - $200?
January 2016 - check engine light, bottom plastic door trim came loose, driver's side rear door misaligned - $1200
Feburary 2016 - check engine light - $100?
March 2016 - check engine light - leaking fuel injectors and spark plug replacement - $2500
April 2016 - check engine light - high pressure fuel pump replaced - $$$ TBD

Total of $4100 estimated cost.

How much work have others needed?
So the fuel pump replacement came to about $1600, again, done under warranty.

On the way home from the dealership, the car in ECO mode drove like it did in the regular mode before the fuel pump.

Hopefully this resolves our fueling, poor drivability, hesitation, etc issues

·
Registered
6 Posts
I can't even begin to know what the costs incurred are. Engine light at 160 mi., had the car for two weeks. Other niggly problem such as rattles, squeaks, radio problems, seat problem, etc. At 1150 miles the engine light was on again and each and every squawk from the first time was repeated. Another 2 weeks with a loaner. At 3900 miles I think it was about three weeks ago, it went in again for the same initial problems and about 13 other items. No end in sight and so now I've owned it 5 months and they've had it 2. Lemon laws in Texas are comical so I need to accept the fact that I can be aggravated for the entire time I own it or dump it, lose about $10K and get into something else. I've about had it with JLR. So when you're looking at what it cost JLR to build your scrap pile, don't forget the dealer is getting paid for your loaner car.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As many problems as I have had, I still enjoy the car. Yes, I must have just as many loose screws as my car, lol.

The car rides well, when its working properly, suspension, feedback, gas mileage comfort and cost all comes together to make a pretty great car.

Obviously there are issues and by the sounds of it, I may be in the "more issues than most" category, but I take it all in stride. Every manufacturer will have issues on a specific car, you just hope that if you happen to be the lucky winner of said car, whatever issues it has can be resolved relatively easily.

Yes, it is obviously a major P.I.T.A. to take the car in on a regular basis, but I see it as a regular free car wash and an opportunity to get extended test drives in the other models. Plus, I keep the mileage down on my own car, lol. Probably put on about 1000 kms or 600 miles on loaner that isn't on mine.

So yeah, in spite of all my issues, I would by again, like in 3 or so years when my warranty is about to run out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts