Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all - Did a search for this and didn't come up with anything so I thought I'd post up.
I can't be the only one wondering about this :p

Does Land Rover recommend warming the engine and for how long in winter?
I've heard both sides of the argument - but I've heard it varies from manufacturer to manufacturer.

I have always worked on the assumption that things "work better" when they are warm and not cold. But.. this is probably more true with older vehicles, etc.

-Anthony

·
Registered
56 Posts
On none cold days i wait untill it idles down. on cold days I do the same and sometimes wait a little longer. I found it idles longer in the winter anyways. I have also been using the cell phone app to start it ahead of time. Well thats when i have my car its been in the shop for most of the time i have owned it.

·
Registered
588 Posts
With the advent of synthetic oils, there is no need to "warm up" a modern car these days.

I don't even know if they make aftermarket engine block heaters you plug in these days....

I use the remote phone LR app to remote start the car about 5 mins before getting in to warm up the interior...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Agreed - the only reason I can see to warm up the car would be to get the interior warm (or cool as the case may be) prior to getting in (using the remote app).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts