Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering is it possible to watch movies/videos on the touch screen?
I've tried USB and iPhone media output but only MP3/music will work without a problem.
Or is there a specific file format type that will only work?
I have the SI4 SE petrol version without CD player.
Thanks

·
Registered
311 Posts
I have not found any way to have videos play on the front touch screen.

Most places have laws against that ability unless the vehicle is in park. I assume LR did not make that available on a factory installed infotainment system.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Its both. The display incorporates a unique reflection/refraction so that users can view images at different angles simultaneously. The screen in turn retains all the touch-screen functionality of the display via software; menus/graphics are altered to accommodate the viewing angles.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a 2016 MY16.5 Australian model no dramas watching DVD movies ripped or otherwise via USB.

I find with the stadium seating my kids can still see the front screen all I did was buy a pair of wireless headphones from LR. Wife and I listen to music, the kids watch TV/DVD

My model has the dual screen button top right of the touch screen (physical button) whilst the car is in motion kids happily see TV and I only see the home menu whilst listening to my favourite tunes..

Rumour has it the technology used to spit the screen in such a way is the same technology as the the little game disk called TAZOs in the late 80's early 90's

1 - 8 of 8 Posts