Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else notice a vibration in the gas pedal or centre arm rest when the car is shifting? It's not consistently vibrating or very long but it happens frequent enough that I am curious if others have the same experience? It seems to happen at various speeds.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone else notice a vibration in the gas pedal or centre arm rest when the car is shifting? It's not consistently vibrating or very long but it happens frequent enough that I am curious if others have the same experience? It seems to happen at various speeds.
Yes! I recognise this is an old post but I am experiencing this ATM. Wondering if you’ve had feedback on this vibration concern.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes! I recognise this is an old post but I am experiencing this ATM. Wondering if you’ve had feedback on this vibration concern.
I haven't had this issue myself, however, when looking through all of the offical service bulletins and recalls I remembered seeing something that may help you.

It details "Poor Quality Gearshift" I have attached the document this this post so you can see for yourself.

Let me know if its not this particular issue as I have all the official Land Rover document.

I hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I haven't had this issue myself, however, when looking through all of the offical service bulletins and recalls I remembered seeing something that may help you.

It details "Poor Quality Gearshift" I have attached the document this this post so you can see for yourself.

Let me know if its not this particular issue as I have all the official Land Rover document.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you so much for your reply. I will read through this and take it into LR. It’s due for its first service. Will keep you posted on outcome.

I have been dealing with many issues! Who would have thought you needed to be mechanically qualified to drive this car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Inspection confirmed DPF Sensor bracket found to be cracked allowing movement resulting in rattle and vibration.
DPF sensor removed and replaced!

However, I am convince the vibration although it’s not constant like it was it is still there on acceleration. I tried to turn off lane departure but no improvement.

I feel like I really have to convince them there is a problem every time I take the car in. If anyone have any idea of what it could relate to so I can take it to LR and speak their language. Hopefully they can take me seriously.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Inspection confirmed DPF Sensor bracket found to be cracked allowing movement resulting in rattle and vibration.
DPF sensor removed and replaced!

However, I am convince the vibration although it’s not constant like it was it is still there on acceleration. I tried to turn off lane departure but no improvement.

I feel like I really have to convince them there is a problem every time I take the car in. If anyone have any idea of what it could relate to so I can take it to LR and speak their language. Hopefully they can take me seriously.
It's good to hear that at least some of your issue was remedied.

I have the 2.2L in mine and it is quite a shaky engine at low RPM and during mild acceleration, my Freelander 2 also had the 2.2L.

A rattle is more concerning then a vibration, so be on the lookout incase its muted by the engine/ sound deadening.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts