Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else notice a vibration in the gas pedal or centre arm rest when the car is shifting? It's not consistently vibrating or very long but it happens frequent enough that I am curious if others have the same experience? It seems to happen at various speeds.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone else notice a vibration in the gas pedal or centre arm rest when the car is shifting? It's not consistently vibrating or very long but it happens frequent enough that I am curious if others have the same experience? It seems to happen at various speeds.
Yes! I recognise this is an old post but I am experiencing this ATM. Wondering if you’ve had feedback on this vibration concern.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes! I recognise this is an old post but I am experiencing this ATM. Wondering if you’ve had feedback on this vibration concern.
I haven't had this issue myself, however, when looking through all of the offical service bulletins and recalls I remembered seeing something that may help you.

It details "Poor Quality Gearshift" I have attached the document this this post so you can see for yourself.

Let me know if its not this particular issue as I have all the official Land Rover document.

I hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I haven't had this issue myself, however, when looking through all of the offical service bulletins and recalls I remembered seeing something that may help you.

It details "Poor Quality Gearshift" I have attached the document this this post so you can see for yourself.

Let me know if its not this particular issue as I have all the official Land Rover document.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you so much for your reply. I will read through this and take it into LR. It’s due for its first service. Will keep you posted on outcome.

I have been dealing with many issues! Who would have thought you needed to be mechanically qualified to drive this car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Inspection confirmed DPF Sensor bracket found to be cracked allowing movement resulting in rattle and vibration.
DPF sensor removed and replaced!

However, I am convince the vibration although it’s not constant like it was it is still there on acceleration. I tried to turn off lane departure but no improvement.

I feel like I really have to convince them there is a problem every time I take the car in. If anyone have any idea of what it could relate to so I can take it to LR and speak their language. Hopefully they can take me seriously.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Inspection confirmed DPF Sensor bracket found to be cracked allowing movement resulting in rattle and vibration.

However, I am convince the vibration although it’s not constant like it was it is still there on acceleration. I tried to turn off lane departure but no improvement.

I feel like I really have to convince them there is a problem every time I take the car in. If anyone have any idea of what it could relate to so I can take it to LR and speak their language. Hopefully they can take me seriously.
It's good to hear that at least some of your issue was remedied.

I have the 2.2L in mine and it is quite a shaky engine at low RPM and during mild acceleration, my Freelander 2 also had the 2.2L.

A rattle is more concerning then a vibration, so be on the lookout incase its muted by the engine/ sound deadening.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Did you have any luck with this? I purchased a 2018 LR Discovery Sport about 3 months ago with only 32000 kms on the clock. About 3 weeks ago I noticed the vibration/rattle in my car when accelerating and at low revs. I took it into an authorised repairer who confirmed the DPF bracket was cracked. Apparently LR insist that the whole DPF system is replaced but the repairer had the necessary spare part from another repair they'd done. They fitted the new part and the rattle/vibration is still there and now even louder and more annoying! They didn't seem to know what they were doing or looking for. The car is still under new car warranty for another month or so. I've already had an oil leak repaired that was very unusual and am starting to hope I haven't been sold a lemon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts