Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
They are probably being attracted by the anti-union culture there. Never really got why workers wouldn't want to be in a union, but the USA always surprises me with what they end up liking and wanting for themselves politically.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are probably being attracted by the anti-union culture there. Never really got why workers wouldn't want to be in a union, but the USA always surprises me with what they end up liking and wanting for themselves politically.
You can't be serious? Someone offers to consistently raise your wages and ensure you can't be fired short of setting the plant on fire and you can't see why that appeals to someone, especially the type of person who goes in for automobile manufacturing?

Don't get it mixed up, these "right to work" states are not built that way for the benefit of the worker, they're set up to benefit the business. All unions are not bad, unions with unprecedented control of the workplace are bad yes, but unions are a tool of labour organization that can more often than not benefit the worker substantially.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I don't get why workers don't like unions. I think there is a lot of misinformation out there. It definitely works in favor of the companies though. What better way to defeat people than to convince them to vote against their own interests.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts