Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am looking to replace the current Pirelli Scorpion Verde tires (235/55/19 105v). I was looking into the Cooper Zeon LTZ (255/55/19), will these work without a lift on the stock 19" 5-spoke wheels? Clearance issues maybe?

Currently have a roof rack with cargo basket and mud flaps, but am looking to make it more aggressive.
I'm a dummy when it comes to fitment of tires.
Cheers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The tire sizes you mention are the same height, just 20mm wider. I can't imagine any issues with the upgrade and know other members on here have upgraded wheels and tires as well - just can't recall the sizes they upgraded to.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The tire sizes you mention are the same height, just 20mm wider. I can't imagine any issues with the upgrade and know other members on here have upgraded wheels and tires as well - just can't recall the sizes they upgraded to.
Great, thanks for the input. I'll keep looking around at other posts!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Be careful about that. 255/55R19 sized tires are actually 3% larger than 235/55R19 since the second number dictates the aspect ration of the tire (ie height to width). Like you said, however, there shouldn’t be any problem with fitment as other members haven’t reported any issues. For future reference, I find this website very useful for tire sizing: https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc?tires=235-55r19-255-55r19

1 - 4 of 4 Posts