Discovery Sport Forum banner

Is your 2020 Discovery Reliable?

• NO problems at all

• Some issues but its been fixed

• Unreliable

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

Registered
wait wait wait wait. This entire thread hinges on the WILDLY incorrect information somebody gave this owner on the fuel to use.

Do NOT, i repeat, do NOT, under any circumstances, use 85 octane fuel in a turbocharged engine. Holy crap. physics folks.

This is very basic "internal combustion engine 101" type stuff. Forced inductions requires higher octanes, otherwise you will destroy your motor in VERY short order, especially with a low-volume turbocharged engine like the 2.0L in the Discovery Sport.
Even if he did use bad gas, my car is still a 馃崑 lemonp

Super Moderator
wait wait wait wait. This entire thread hinges on the WILDLY incorrect information somebody gave this owner on the fuel to use.

Do NOT, i repeat, do NOT, under any circumstances, use 85 octane fuel in a turbocharged engine. Holy crap. physics folks.

This is very basic "internal combustion engine 101" type stuff. Forced inductions requires higher octanes, otherwise you will destroy your motor in VERY short order, especially with a low-volume turbocharged engine like the 2.0L in the Discovery Sport.
Have been driving various Turbo Charge cars since the early 80's and in later years I have found that ethanol fuel also effects Turbo Charged engines. (specifically in warm weather) . I always fuel up with ethanol free fuel in Canada, traveling in the US it is harder to find unless you live in the area.

Registered
I also have the 2020 Discovery sport. My car completely cut off on I-10 with me doing about 65 miles an hour. all this during rush hour in Houston Texas. It was extremely scary with people hitting their brakes and blowing horns as i try not to get T-boned by an 18 wheeler. I tried to call the dealership and was on hold for 15 minutes twice. The third time i called , they took my number and said they would call me back. They never called me. I drove to a dealership the next day and they told me that it was a engineering problem. Im so disappointed in this purchase. I don't want the car anymore. I called the dealership that I bought it from and they said they would call me back today but they didn't.
Can you tell me what dealership? I bought my 2020 at the Houston North Land Rover dealership.

Registered
Have been driving various Turbo Charge cars since the early 80's and in later years I have found that ethanol fuel also effects Turbo Charged engines. (specifically in warm weather) . I always fuel up with ethanol free fuel in Canada, traveling in the US it is harder to find unless you live in the area.
I can only think of two places where I live that sell ethanol-free gasoline. It鈥檚 definitely hard to find. Do you have any suggestions about additives that might help mitigate the effects of ethanol fuel on turbos?

Super Moderator
I think all additives have alcohol has the main ingredient and others may have great claims but ???
I am lucky I have 3 stations selling non ethanol fuel within 4 blocks of my home. 2 Chevron with 94 octane and a Shell with 91 octane.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts