Is your 2020 Discovery Reliable?

• NO problems at all

• Some issues but its been fixed

• Unreliable

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
wait wait wait wait. This entire thread hinges on the WILDLY incorrect information somebody gave this owner on the fuel to use.

Do NOT, i repeat, do NOT, under any circumstances, use 85 octane fuel in a turbocharged engine. Holy crap. physics folks.

This is very basic "internal combustion engine 101" type stuff. Forced inductions requires higher octanes, otherwise you will destroy your motor in VERY short order, especially with a low-volume turbocharged engine like the 2.0L in the Discovery Sport.
Even if he did use bad gas, my car is still a 🍋 lemonp

·
Super Moderator
368 Posts
wait wait wait wait. This entire thread hinges on the WILDLY incorrect information somebody gave this owner on the fuel to use.

Do NOT, i repeat, do NOT, under any circumstances, use 85 octane fuel in a turbocharged engine. Holy crap. physics folks.

This is very basic "internal combustion engine 101" type stuff. Forced inductions requires higher octanes, otherwise you will destroy your motor in VERY short order, especially with a low-volume turbocharged engine like the 2.0L in the Discovery Sport.
Have been driving various Turbo Charge cars since the early 80's and in later years I have found that ethanol fuel also effects Turbo Charged engines. (specifically in warm weather) . I always fuel up with ethanol free fuel in Canada, traveling in the US it is harder to find unless you live in the area.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts