• Some issues but its been fixed

• Unreliable

Results are only viewable after voting.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 2020 Discovery Sport with 1700 miles and two months old. It has stalled 20 times and has been towed twice to the dealer, Ken Garff Down Town Salt Lake City.
It doesnt matter wehther the eco stop start button is on or off, if it is over 90 degrees in ambient temp and I am heavy stop start traffic it will just fail. When it happens which is often a t set of traffic lights, it goes into a limp mode and I can only move forward through the jucntion at 1 mph which is extremely dangerous. Then the engine may or may not start again.
The Discovery has now been towed in twice to Ken Garff and they have found three possible faults, an alternator that may be over charging, A transmission module that is ablaming the transmisssion and a transmission that is blaming the module!!!!!!!
So after owning it for two months and 1700 miles I am now looking at lemon law possibilities as this car leaves me thinking that it is a lemon. I managed to video the last three ocassions so that the dealer can see what happens.
I forgot to mention that before any of the current issues, I had two covers that fell off the car, an underside panel that covers the engine bay and the front towing eye cover. Not a great start for me with the Land Rover brand.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Try high octane ethanol free fuel. Your state has crappy minimums. Oh a poll on all car forums usually results in the unhappy owners commenting

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply but I have a loaner 2020 and it is also running on 85 gas with no problems

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes i bought it new, there has been an update in that it has been road tested several times now by the dealership and they have now found several possible faults. when on road test it stopped several times with the technician driving which was helpful as they can see for themselves whats going on. This is now the third week that it is in the dealership and I am in a loaner.
The loaner stopped on me last evening at a set of traffic lights which makes me think that there is a wider problem than just my car!
I have written to Land Rover USA stating that the car is a lemon and unsafe to drive so I am waiting for a response from them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
All trim levels of the petrol 2020 Discovery Sport require premium unleaded fuel. It says so in the manual, and on the fuel filler door.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have been advised that there is a national problem with the 2020 discovery sport. When operating at high temps, over 90 degrees and in high altitudes there is a problem idling under load. They still have it in the workshop for the last 5 weeks with no sign of a cure yet. This has happened at several locations, it’s not just mine that is affected

1 - 11 of 11 Posts