• NO problems at all

• Some issues but its been fixed

• Unreliable

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 2020 Discovery Sport with 1700 miles and two months old. It has stalled 20 times and has been towed twice to the dealer, Ken Garff Down Town Salt Lake City.
It doesnt matter wehther the eco stop start button is on or off, if it is over 90 degrees in ambient temp and I am heavy stop start traffic it will just fail. When it happens which is often a t set of traffic lights, it goes into a limp mode and I can only move forward through the jucntion at 1 mph which is extremely dangerous. Then the engine may or may not start again.
The Discovery has now been towed in twice to Ken Garff and they have found three possible faults, an alternator that may be over charging, A transmission module that is ablaming the transmisssion and a transmission that is blaming the module!!!!!!!
So after owning it for two months and 1700 miles I am now looking at lemon law possibilities as this car leaves me thinking that it is a lemon. I managed to video the last three ocassions so that the dealer can see what happens.
I forgot to mention that before any of the current issues, I had two covers that fell off the car, an underside panel that covers the engine bay and the front towing eye cover. Not a great start for me with the Land Rover brand.

·
Super Moderator
368 Posts
Try high octane ethanol free fuel. Your state has crappy minimums. Oh a poll on all car forums usually results in the unhappy owners commenting

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply but I have a loaner 2020 and it is also running on 85 gas with no problems

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes i bought it new, there has been an update in that it has been road tested several times now by the dealership and they have now found several possible faults. when on road test it stopped several times with the technician driving which was helpful as they can see for themselves whats going on. This is now the third week that it is in the dealership and I am in a loaner.
The loaner stopped on me last evening at a set of traffic lights which makes me think that there is a wider problem than just my car!
I have written to Land Rover USA stating that the car is a lemon and unsafe to drive so I am waiting for a response from them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
All trim levels of the petrol 2020 Discovery Sport require premium unleaded fuel. It says so in the manual, and on the fuel filler door.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have been advised that there is a national problem with the 2020 discovery sport. When operating at high temps, over 90 degrees and in high altitudes there is a problem idling under load. They still have it in the workshop for the last 5 weeks with no sign of a cure yet. This has happened at several locations, it’s not just mine that is affected

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a new 2020 Discovery Sport with 1700 miles and two months old. It has stalled 20 times and has been towed twice to the dealer, Ken Garff Down Town Salt Lake City.
It doesnt matter wehther the eco stop start button is on or off, if it is over 90 degrees in ambient temp and I am heavy stop start traffic it will just fail. When it happens which is often a t set of traffic lights, it goes into a limp mode and I can only move forward through the jucntion at 1 mph which is extremely dangerous. Then the engine may or may not start again.
The Discovery has now been towed in twice to Ken Garff and they have found three possible faults, an alternator that may be over charging, A transmission module that is ablaming the transmisssion and a transmission that is blaming the module!!!!!!!
So after owning it for two months and 1700 miles I am now looking at lemon law possibilities as this car leaves me thinking that it is a lemon. I managed to video the last three occasions so that the dealer can see what happens.
I forgot to mention that before any of the current issues, I had two covers that fell off the car, an underside panel that covers the engine bay and the front towing eye cover. Not a great start for me with the Land Rover brand.
I also have the 2020 Discovery sport. My car completely cut off on I-10 with me doing about 65 miles an hour. all this during rush hour in Houston Texas. It was extremely scary with people hitting their brakes and blowing horns as i try not to get T-boned by an 18 wheeler. I tried to call the dealership and was on hold for 15 minutes twice. The third time i called , they took my number and said they would call me back. They never called me. I drove to a dealership the next day and they told me that it was a engineering problem. Im so disappointed in this purchase. I don't want the car anymore. I called the dealership that I bought it from and they said they would call me back today but they didn't.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also have the 2020 Discovery sport. My car completely cut off on I-10 with me doing about 65 miles an hour. all this during rush hour in Houston Texas. It was extremely scary with people hitting their brakes and blowing horns as i try not to get T-boned by an 18 wheeler. I tried to call the dealership and was on hold for 15 minutes twice. The third time i called , they took my number and said they would call me back. They never called me. I drove to a dealership the next day and they told me that it was a engineering problem. Im so disappointed in this purchase. I don't want the car anymore. I called the dealership that I bought it from and they said they would call me back today but they didn't. My headlights also went out when the car shut down.

·
Registered
6 Posts
yes i bought it new, there has been an update in that it has been road tested several times now by the dealership and they have now found several possible faults. when on road test it stopped several times with the technician driving which was helpful as they can see for themselves whats going on. This is now the third week that it is in the dealership and I am in a loaner.
The loaner stopped on me last evening at a set of traffic lights which makes me think that there is a wider problem than just my car!
I have written to Land Rover USA stating that the car is a lemon and unsafe to drive so I am waiting for a response from them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I also have the 2020 Discovery sport. My car completely cut off on I-10 with me doing about 65 miles an hour. all this during rush hour in Houston Texas. It was extremely scary with people hitting their brakes and blowing horns as i try not to get T-boned by an 18 wheeler. I tried to call the dealership and was on hold for 15 minutes twice. The third time i called , they took my number and said they would call me back. They never called me. I drove to a dealership the next day and they told me that it was a engineering problem. Im so disappointed in this purchase. I don't want the car anymore. I called the dealership that I bought it from and they said they would call me back today but they didn't.
Good luck with getting anything out of Land Rover USA. After filing a complaint with their customer care department who never called me back I have given up and will just get rid of the car. Very dissapointing how they treat their customers. I even had an email saying that the contact person that was supposed to be helping me would not be responding to my emails!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Good luck with getting anything out of Land Rover USA. After filing a complaint with their customer care department who never called me back I have given up and will just get rid of the car. Very dissapointing how they treat their customers. I even had an email saying that the contact person that was supposed to be helping me would not be responding to my emails!
I'm sorry to hear that you'll be getting rid of yours.

The issues you're having seem to be common with people who own any of the 2.0L engines. It's a real shame you never got the 2.2L Diesel.

I hope your next car is better to you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So after owning it for two months and 1700 miles I am now looking at lemon law possibilities as this car leaves me thinking that it is a lemon. I managed to video the last three ocassions so that the dealer can see what happens.
This is terrible!! I hope they treat you like gold and give you a brand new 2021 replacement with zero questions asked. I have a 2019 that has had issues from day one. Coolant low then power steering gone, then check engine light. Then it all goes off and then the cycle repeats. There is a recall that my dealership down played to be a very minimal issue stating it will just make your Engine cooling fan Noisy. I have read that there are many issues with the coolant system. It’s not a small issue at all when it affects the engine of the vehicle!! Good luck! I hope the issues can be resolved quickly for you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My car has been in the shop for a month now and the dealership says irs an engineering problem. But they still don't know whats wrong with it. They have agreed to trade the vehicle for me but it seems its goung to be at my own expense. Im losing the money I already paid in.

·
Registered
27 Posts
wait wait wait wait. This entire thread hinges on the WILDLY incorrect information somebody gave this owner on the fuel to use.

Do NOT, i repeat, do NOT, under any circumstances, use 85 octane fuel in a turbocharged engine. Holy crap. physics folks.

This is very basic "internal combustion engine 101" type stuff. Forced inductions requires higher octanes, otherwise you will destroy your motor in VERY short order, especially with a low-volume turbocharged engine like the 2.0L in the Discovery Sport.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts