Discovery Sport Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hard to believe that wouldn't be an active feature if you added the correct package. If it doesn't work, seems like a huge liability for JLR

·
Registered
11 Posts
sooo......is the older model less dependable, or is the only difference is that it is in 4WD all the time?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Where are you guys reading about autonomous braking failure?
Yea, I'd like to know about that, too. I asked early on in this forum about it (how to test to see if it works because I don't have adaptive cruise control and can't set following distance). I think, but I'm not sure, that it might have stopped me backing up into something, but I that may just me hitting the brake when the car screams at me when something starts coming by when I'm backing up. The ABF I thought was a front-facing braking issue, one that is triggered by the camera mounted by the rear view mirror, or at least that's when the dealer told me triggers it. Thanks.

-Rich B

·
Registered
293 Posts
I'm also curious about seeing more information on that brake failure, for now those really concerned should call up the dealer and see if they have a technical service bulletin they're willing to share on it... that is of course if they have already identified the issue.

·
Registered
588 Posts
My SA must have lied because he said the 2016 DS I am getting has the ability to decouple the front and rear axles under highway conditions to save on fuel...

Can't wait - less than 24 hours to pick up the 2016 HSE DS

·
Registered
13 Posts
My SA must have lied because he said the 2016 DS I am getting has the ability to decouple the front and rear axles under highway conditions to save on fuel...

Can't wait - less than 24 hours to pick up the 2016 HSE DS
Actually I think your SA did not lie about that. I found that my DS did decouple the front and rear axles when I was on highway (according to the screen when you select "4X4") a few days ago.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Actually I think your SA did not lie about that. I found that my DS did decouple the front and rear axles when I was on highway (according to the screen when you select "4X4") a few days ago.
Ah, I saw that on the 4x4 screen too.:laugh:

But I have a question - when the terrain response lights are not lit at all, does that mean it is in 2WD ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ah, I saw that on the 4x4 screen too.:laugh:

But I have a question - when the terrain response lights are not lit at all, does that mean it is in 2WD ?
I was driving in regular driving mode. However, I also e-mailed the Senior Executive Liaison of LR North America, he/she told me that DS models simply do NOT come with active driveline. I've sent him/her the following site.
New Discovery Sport: The most capable, versatile premium compact SUV
He/She said that it's a global website. wtf

·
Registered
588 Posts
I was driving in regular driving mode. However, I also e-mailed the Senior Executive Liaison of LR North America, he/she told me that DS models simply do NOT come with active driveline. I've sent him/her the following site.
New Discovery Sport: The most capable, versatile premium compact SUV
He/She said that it's a global website. wtf
No wonder that global LR video was deceiving - they showed the Discovery Sport having magnetorheo suspension and wade sensors from the mirrors.

I asked about that at the dealer and they were stumped. The GM said it was for other countries...:crying:

21 - 31 of 31 Posts