Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, my wife and I recently purchased a used 2018 DS that we really like. One thing I would like to upgrade is the center rear view mirror. I can't believe the car came with a 'manual' mirror - no auto-dimming, garage door opener, etc.. just a lever to manually dim it. Regardless, I have replaced 'manual' rear view mirrors on other cars so I purchased a used mirror upgrade on car-part.com. I searched for my year and model and found one close by. I installed it and it is 'dead', nothing happens when I try to program the homeland buttThe wiring connection is there for an upgraded mirror but maybe I received the wrong mirror? It's a Jaguar/Land Rover mirror with 3 buttons and a LED light on the left-hand underside of the mirror. Is this the correct upgrade? Did I receive the wrong mirror? Is there a fuse I need to add?

Thanks for your help.
thumbnail_IMG_1866.jpg thumbnail_IMG_1865.jpg thumbnail_IMG_1867.jpg

·
Registered
55 Posts
There should be a 12v supply which comes from fuse 5 (5 amp) in rear fuse box (red wire at mirror and yellow at fuse box). You may find that this is missing and would be disconnected somewhere within the wiring loom. Ignition needs to be on.
There should be a wire (grey) from the reverse circuit via fuse 12 (5 amp) in central junction box which I think will have 12 volts when reverse is selected (or an earth when reverse is selected, this may also be missing) And the other wire going to the mirror is an earth (brown).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There should be a 12v supply which comes from fuse 5 (5 amp) in rear fuse box (red wire at mirror and yellow at fuse box). You may find that this is missing and would be disconnected somewhere within the wiring loom. Ignition needs to be on.
There should be a wire (grey) from the reverse circuit via fuse 12 (5 amp) in central junction box which I think will have 12 volts when reverse is selected (or an earth when reverse is selected, this may also be missing) And the other wire going to the mirror is an earth (brown).
Thank you. Very helpful information. I hope all it is is a missing fuse. I’ll let you know.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thank you. Very helpful information. I hope all it is is a missing fuse. I’ll let you know.
You’ll probably find that the fuse is present, but you may not have power at the mirror. You’re then looking at a lot fiddling to get it working. I found a similar situation when fitting USB charging ports in the rear seating area....fuse was there, but no power. I ran a new wire along the existing loom, but this won’t be so easy for the mirror.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here are pictures of my rear fuse box. There is a 15a fuse is location 5 so I am not sure what’s going on there since you expected a 5a fuse. What is the best way to check for power at the mirror? I don’t want short anything out in the car.

·
Registered
55 Posts
It will be one of the larger fuses in the upper fuse box. The lower small fuses are for the QCCM, (quiescent current control module works with the Stop/Start system) this should not affect the mirror. There are numbers for the fuses on the surrounding plastic.
To check for power at the mirror either use a bulb with some wires attached or a voltmeter or a probe if you have one...you shouldn’t short anything with care. From what I can see online there may be differences depending on model years and some newer vehicles say fuse 27 which is a 10A fuse, from your pictures you seem to have the older fuse box, so I’m presuming it would be one of the 5A fuses.
I’ve just checked my vehicle...although I haven’t got the auto mirror on mine, the fuse also operates the auto dimming of the headlights and is fuse 5 in the white part of the upper fuse box and is a 5A....this is missing in your vehicle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts