Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed blemishes - blotches, dull areas, etc. - on the black trim pieces associated with the passenger side door mirror - primarily the triangular piece attached to the door, but some on the mirror as well. Notice it somewhat on the drivers side, but much less prevalent. I'd include a photo - but it is raining (about time too, here in Texas).

Has anyone else seen this or know what causes it? My guess it is from overspray of windshield washer fluid when cleaning the windshield (since it seems to blow past the passenger side more than the driver side at speed).

Better yet - anyone have an idea how to get rid of it? Normal cleaning doesn't seem to help (or is this a warranty issue and I should have the dealer replace?).

Thanks

·
Registered
325 Posts
Are you using to strong a solution???? I always buy brand name and dilute the fluid. Never had that sort of problem on any car, especially if it is spotting the glass as well.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use brand name washer solutions. I don't dilute, but didn't with previous cars either, and never had this issue (and there is no spotting on the glass).

·
Registered
325 Posts
Have you tried something like Windex on the glass only to see if the spots will go away??? I took a fast look at my mirrors and can see no problems.. Could the problem be from a car wash or hard water in your area??

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, Bill - the issue is with the black plastic trim, not the glass (have no spotting on the glass). I have tried hand cleaning the blemished trim around that mirror with no luck - seems permanently "stained" (for lack of a better word). Would think that if the issue was hard water, then all of the trim would suffer - but only seems to be the passenger side.

Any hints on cleaning or refurbishing the trim would be helpful. Unfortunately the areas are hard to get to with a buffer, so buffing out isn't easy (at least with my tools/expertise).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts