Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 DS HSE: How often should you have the transfer case fluid changed and it this something you can do on your own? On my LR3 I would do it every 50,000 Miles.
I'm not finding much information on doing it.
Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
This vehicle does not have transfer case, problem solved. I believe the transmission fluid and filter needs to be replaced at 150,000 miles (please verify). Are you referring to the rear differential?

The Disco sport is equipped with a transverse engine configuration, so it doesn’t need transfer case. The front wheels are powered directly from the transmission. More information about the design can be found on Wikipedia.

·
Super Moderator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
600 Posts
The Disco uses a Haldex system to control AWD functions and it's oil can be changed probably/maybe(?) at the same time as the transmission and rear axle.. Land Rover also has an Active drive line AWD on some models.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The Disco uses a Haldex system to control AWD functions and it's oil can be changed probably/maybe(?) at the same time as the transmission and rear axle.. Land Rover also has an Active drive line AWD on some models.
Is the Haldex system incorporated into the transmission or rear differential? I would assume it’s not a separate device with separate fluids etc.

·
Super Moderator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
600 Posts
Is the Haldex system incorporated into the transmission or rear differential? I would assume it’s not a separate device with separate fluids etc.
Separate device with separate fluids. Same system used on many AWD cars

1 - 5 of 5 Posts