Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'18 Sport HSE 5k. Putting in drive after initial start up there is a 5-10 sec hesitation before trans engages. Is this normal? Never experienced this with any other vehicle I've owned.
Love the car so far but, WHERE'S THE COMPASS? Can't believe that with all the electronics, GPS, etc, you can't tell what direction you're going!

·
Registered
63 Posts
'18 Sport HSE 5k. Putting in drive after initial start up there is a 5-10 sec hesitation before trans engages. Is this normal? Never experienced this with any other vehicle I've owned.
Love the car so far but, WHERE'S THE COMPASS? Can't believe that with all the electronics, GPS, etc, you can't tell what direction you're going!
There is a digital compass on board- its in one of the options on the main screen, you can select to display coordinates or compass- can't remember which tab it sits under but will look tonight and get back to you..Ive used on occasion when on family trips..

·
Registered
113 Posts
LOL.... I like your questions.. First you ask about what seems like a serious issue with the transmission ....and then you scream (all caps) about the compass.....I never experienced that 5-10 sec hesitation ..not even 2 seconds....I put it in Drive and the car moves....so seriously, any transmission that takes 5 to 10 sec to engage is clearly broken.....

Anyhow - Hope you found that compass but more importantly - I recommend you check with the dealer - that transmission sure doesn't sound right

Good Luck and let us know if it has been resolved.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts