Discovery Sport Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Agreed. The white disco they linked looks photoshopped. And they never showed a completed picture to me, just something with the bumper held up by hand to the back of the vehicle.
I actually wouldn't be surprised if that was the case, won't be the first time i've suspected a vendor of doing that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anybody have experience having a trailer hitch (no electrics) purchased and installed thru U-Haul? The price is infinitely cheaper (~$350) vs. going thru a dealer install ($1295). . . .but was curious about differences in quality.
Hi. I did research for 3 months and installed dealer trailer hitch. It is perfect. Don't go to UHaul. They are going to make your car ugly. I agree the 800$ difference is there, but it is one time investment. UHaul guys are going to cut the bumper. I have installed electronics too(7 and 4 pin). It costed me 1425$ total

·
Registered
311 Posts
You probably did not get the electronics or you should have been able to find them quickly.

My dealer put mine on without the electronics which was a surprise to me and not discussed. Apparently the majority of US LR owners just get a hitch for accessories and not towing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
So I finally had a chance to crawl under my Discovery and have a good look at the electrical connection. It swings down, I didn't realize it, but it makes it much easier to hook up. I'm really happy with how the hitch works and looks.

·
Registered
311 Posts
So I finally had a chance to crawl under my Discovery and have a good look at the electrical connection. It swings down, I didn't realize it, but it makes it much easier to hook up. I'm really happy with how the hitch works and looks.
Can you take a picture of where they are?

·
Registered
22 Posts
So here's the install with the electrics retracted

the dealer told me to remove the two ten millimeter bolts that hold this panel on and remove the panel to plug in the electrics...

here's the electrics deployed, (swung down) the hinge is in the upper right hand corner of the electrics in this picture...

and here's a close up...

I'm really happy with it now...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm also getting a factory hitch installed. Dealer was kind enough to offer installing one on my Disco after an issue I had before I even put 30 miles on it . I would link to the thread but I don't have enough posts to have that featured enabled yet :rolleyes: It's under the Service, Maintenance and Troubleshooting section with the title of "Rubbing / Whirring Sound From Rear" if you're curious.

I'll make sure to post some pictures of it as soon as I get the Disco back next week.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello everyone,

I have 3 rows 2016 discovery sport, is it possible to install the trailer hitch? or its only for 2 rows models

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello everyone,

I have 3 rows 2016 discovery sport, is it possible to install the trailer hitch? or its only for 2 rows models
You can get an OEM hitch for a 3 row (5+2) with a space-save spare from Land Rover (I believe it is part # VPLCT0143). I went with a cheaper non-OEM solution (Curt 13247) on my 3 row HSE.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Good to hear about the great price for a hitch.

But what about the electronics - did UHAUL say anything about any adapters they sell for the DS ?
I would need a 4 pin and 7 pin connection to the DS electronics - probably either a wire harness that plugs in or else a converter ?
Did you have a hitch installed through UHAUL? Just wondering because I've seen conflicting information on if their hitch will or will not fit on the 5+2. It's been quite difficult to find good information on this. Thanks!

Brandon

·
Registered
9 Posts
You can get an OEM hitch for a 3 row (5+2) with a space-save spare from Land Rover (I believe it is part # VPLCT0143). I went with a cheaper non-OEM solution (Curt 13247) on my 3 row HSE.
Did you install the Curt hitch yourself? I've seen a few people report that it works....others that report it does not. If it does, I'd like to give it a shot.....if I can find that particular model anymore. It looks like Curt switched to a different hitch for the DS now. Thanks!

41 - 54 of 54 Posts