Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Found the brake controller plug socket under the dash. Connected a Tekonsha brake controller (Prodigy P2) using the Tekonsha Ford brake control harness (3035-P) which plugged right into the vehicle's brake controller plug/socket. Pretty straightforward job once you find the brake controller plug socket under the dash. Have also got the factory OEM harness for the 7 pin electrics which is simple plug and play into the connector located inside the boot floor (above the spare wheel).
I'm looking to attempt this as well. With this break controller and the oem harness for 7 way, did you still have to take it to the dealer to have it reprogrammed? Would you mind putting the link to the OEM 7 way harness on here or the part number. I have a 2015 Discovery sport 5 seater. Thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I believe the part you're looking for is VPLCT0183 (TowBar Electrics NAS, 5-door). I did a big post where I installed the towbar and the electrics myself, you should look it up! I did have my car programmed for it, but I honestly don't know what all it unlocked. I think it'll run you one hour of labor, but they owed me a favor during a routine service and programmed it on the house. I imagine it unlocked the stuff having to do with that sticker that goes on your trailer that your car can track when you're backing up, but I haven't used. Hope that helps!!
Thanks Dhargis. I'm curious, do you know if the trailer lights and brake controller worked, prior to any programming by the dealer?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts