Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
DISCOVERY SPORT P300e R-Dynamic HSE 2020
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Had my Sport P300e now since early May. Still getting accustomed to it after 2400 miles.
One of the weirdest things I noticed is that when I turn from a main road to a side road (in other words a 90deg turn) and try to accelerate the traction control light flashes and the car brakes the wheel it thinks is skidding. The result is that the car gets bogged down and won't pick up speed no matter how much I plant the accelerator. This is quite dangerous as following cars are not expecting this and there have been a couple of near misses. Anyone else get this?

·
Super Moderator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
590 Posts
If the traction control lamp comes on you should reduce the pressure on the accelerator not press harder.

·
Registered
DISCOVERY SPORT P300e R-Dynamic HSE 2020
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand how these safety systems work. My point is why is it triggering on a dry surface with a slow turn of less than 15 mph? Assume there must be some sort of diff on the rear axle which is driven by the battery only. Seems to me there is some fault there. May seem minor but it should not happen - and I can't accelerate until the lamp goes out which confuses drivers behind me as they expect me to be accelerating and so they are forced to brake. As I say - not a great safety feature if it increases risk of rear ender. Any other owners of the P300e Hybrid notice this?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have had a similar affect when doing a turn towards uphill. Typically the car would kind bob side to side at the same time. The issue goes away if I keep both hands on the steering wheel and drive smoothly through the intersection. With a single hand on the wheel, the bobbing rocks the steering wheel back and forth, reinforcing any movements. Also, shifting to S vs. D is helpful in town. They delay in acceleration can cause pushing extra into the pedal, also reinforcing an awkward motion. Between these two driving habits, I don’t notice this mush anymore.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts