Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All...I searched but didn't find any info on my particular issue. I've got a 2016 Disco Sport HSE and recently bought aftermarket winter wheels with new aftermarket TPMS sensors (sensors from Tirerack). However, after a few miles of driving I got a TPMS System Failure warning and it's been on ever since. The dealer won't touch it since it's aftermarket, so I was wondering if anybody has had similar issues.

Thanks!

·
Registered
290 Posts
I was down at the dealer having the hatch and rear seat squeak repaired. Someone had brought in tires from Tirerack (nice custom covers) to be put on rims and I remembered this request.

Apparently each TPMS sensor has a serial number on it that the dealer programs into the computer for best results. However the service rep said that many after market sensors work on a slightly different frequency, that are completely in compatible. I think if you go to them and spend big money on factory sensors your dealer will be happy to see you.

But since Tirerack sold you a set of tires for your car they should also be made responsible and at least give your money back for the sensors.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I had this issue with a BMW set (aftermarket vs OEM).

Tirerack is a very good tire/wheel business so I would ask them if you can swap out the aftermarket TPMS for the factory JLR ones - you may get them swapped straight across or have to pay the difference but at least you won't have to pay the inflated dealer prices.

Once you have the factory TPMS sensor you should be good to go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts