Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Newbie here as I just bought a 2015 LRDS on November 19th.

Love it so far, but I am noticing little bugs that come and go in the electronics.

An annoying one is this:

The TPMS system keeps switching itself to the "Light Load" setting despite me having set it to "Normal Load" several times now.

Is this a common problem? Anyone know of a fix?

Thanks!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Have not experienced this myself. Wish I could help - but since these cars are effectively a computer, perhaps a "reboot" would help (though not sure how to do that - is there a power button to hold down for 10 seconds like rebooting a desktop PC?)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Mine does the same. I always wondered if it auto sets it based on the pressure on the shocks from the weight of the vehicle.

I gave up on caring and just drive. It has not given me bad readings or warnings for my TPMS.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine does the same. I always wondered if it auto sets it based on the pressure on the shocks from the weight of the vehicle.

I gave up on caring and just drive. It has not given me bad readings or warnings for my TPMS.
I also thought it might be setting itself. Then I realized -- why would they have a setting in the menu for that if it is going to set itself?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have not experienced this myself. Wish I could help - but since these cars are effectively a computer, perhaps a "reboot" would help (though not sure how to do that - is there a power button to hold down for 10 seconds like rebooting a desktop PC?)
Hmmmm ... I have not seen any reference to that!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If so, when I set it to "Normal Load", I did an override. It was previously set to "Light Load". It retained the "Normal Load" setting for a few days, and has now reverted to "Light Load".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts