Discovery Sport Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is there a way to upgrade the 2016 HSE LUX system to the newer, bigger InControl system?
How about upgrading the sound system (I maxed out the options for. 2016, but it looks like the 2017 offers better choices! )

·
Registered
84 Posts
doesnt seem like it. I asked about my Lux 2017 which has the screen with physical buttons and the entry sound system with subwoofer but the dealer said no.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I took my Discovery Lux in for the seventh (7th) time today in hopes that the latest software update will cure some of the infotainment problems. We shall see.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Omg wapos!

I bought a '17 Discovery Sport. Looks great, handles well, but the electronics, OMG!!! At times the satellite radio will get stuck on one channel and all my presets will disappear. Next time I turn on the vehicle all is normal. The system can only recognize about half of the contacts in my phone.

I am seriously thinking about dumping it.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Amazing that after 2 years they haven't upgraded the infotainment. This was a hurried platform to replace their last POS system and it's not adequate for prime time. They have improved it in other model but has left the one in the DS to rot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is there a way to tell what S/W version my DS is and what is currently out? Am I going to miss being able to update it on my own like I could with the FordSync system.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey everyone, good post about a sad topic. FYI, the 2018 system isn't any better than the gripes above. Great car overall, but the infotainment panel is central to all modern driving experiences and this (8") is an immediate let down, and not because of the size (ha!).

Short rant/reasoning: I have a 2018 with the smaller infotainment system. In 2018 terms it's borderline garbage compared to most new vehicles- Jeep, Kia, Lexus, Audi, and that's only the ones I've used personally. It's sluggish at best, "media initializing" for 30 seconds+ every start is unsat, navigation (not favorited and while on the go) is begging to cause an accident. The screen is large enough to show multiple sources of info at once but each has a dedicated screen that you have to select as needed. Many vehicles in this class and below have far better infotainment systems. I just tell myself that the rest of the car is worth the money, but I would've paid a good amount more for a modern system. Also, maybe the 10" system is far better- there weren't any cars with it in my color/model and I needed a replacement car on the spot.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Omg wapos!

I bought a '17 Discovery Sport. Looks great, handles well, but the electronics, OMG!!! At times the satellite radio will get stuck on one channel and all my presets will disappear. Next time I turn on the vehicle all is normal. The system can only recognize about half of the contacts in my phone.

I am seriously thinking about dumping it.
among other issues, mine is at the dealer right now for the same problem. i'll report what they find.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts