Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 65 plate Discovery Sport 2.0 Auto had a complete engine replacement in September 2018 as it blew up on the motorway - white smoke, strong smell of fumes following quick Restricted Performance error message. It was replaced under warranty by Landrover and I have a copy of the Invoice for £16,037.39! This morning I noticed the heated seats and steering wheel weren't working. Just headed off somewhere and the car started making a whistling noise, strong smell of fumes and then a brief message came up and disappeared - think it said "Charging fault" and then white smoke started to come out from under the bonnet. Turned off engine and waited for smoke to disappear. Limped half a mile home at under 10 miles ph and parked up. Anyone got any ideas? Tried Landrover but usual terrible service - car is no longer under warranty despite having had to have a completely new engine at under 3 years old!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
this sounds horrible - most people here experience some sort of frustration but what you describe is a disaster.
I don't know the Consumer Protections laws in the UK ....you should look into that...even if the car is out of warranty.

Sorry

1 - 2 of 2 Posts