Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What tire pressure mode do you use for every day use? We usually drive it with 1 or 2 people max, so I would assume that the light mode would be sufficient. What are the pros and cons of each mode? We are going for a long trip in a couple of weeks, again just me and my wife with some luggage, pretty much all highway driving. The dealer set the car for normal driving mode, but .... they also didn't know that external mirrors should fold.... :D

·
Registered
314 Posts
Keep mine at the normal setting. Ironically the dealer set the pressures to normal but set the dash readout for light load. Most of our driving is with 2 people.

·
Registered
588 Posts
What tire pressure mode do you use for every day use? We usually drive it with 1 or 2 people max, so I would assume that the light mode would be sufficient. What are the pros and cons of each mode? We are going for a long trip in a couple of weeks, again just me and my wife with some luggage, pretty much all highway driving. The dealer set the car for normal driving mode, but .... they also didn't know that external mirrors should fold.... :D
How do you change the tire pressure mode ?

Mine always says Light mode even when loaded down....

Is there a ride difference ??

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How do you change the tire pressure mode ?

Mine always says Light mode even when loaded down....

Is there a ride difference ??
You can change it while the engine is not running, basically press start button without having Your foot on a break pedal. Then go to "vehicle information" and you should be able to change it over there. As per actual experience, do t know yet....

·
Registered
314 Posts
When you go to the vehicle info section , you can check actual pressures, change from psi to bar, get recommended pressures, and set whether you have adjusted your tire pressures to light load or normal. Like above the car engine can not be running.

Ride difference is slightly softer in the rear of the car as pressures in the front stay the same. I keep mine at normal (as the dealers recommendation) that way if I decide to load up the car and hit the highway I can do safely.

Most likely better MPG in normal mode. In other cars I have owned they usually show pressures as city and highway.

You have to remember that the Brits for the most part drive on back roads LOL.>:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts