Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some recent updates..

- Tinted the windows

- full brake job all the way around, pads & rotors. I ended up going with Powerstop Z36 kit from RockAuto. It’s a full kit for about $380 that includes heavy duty pads and drilled/slotted rotors that is recommended for “trucks that do a lot of towing.” Now that I’m towing my travel trailer often, figured I’d try them out. Back pads and rotors are great... but then I took off my front wheel and realized the kit doesn’t come with the larger diameter rotors and larger pads that the 286hp engine comes with. Doh! After a lot of poking around on RockAuto’s site, I was able to send back the front parts and got a refund. Also found out that Powerstop makes the larger Z36 pads for the 286hp engine, but they don’t make the larger rotors. So, I just went to the Brembo USA site and order the rotors from there. Whatever. New brakes are done and they feel great.

- While I had the wheels off, I decided to paint the calipers, too. I was hoping to find a darker red to match the “pimento” red seat stitching and dash surround, but no go. I went with a product called G2 from Amazon. Brush on, not spray. Brighter red than I wanted, but I still like it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks nice!

How did the old rotors and pads look
The fronts actually still looked ok, the rear rotors had been pulsing for a while, the pads were about 3/4 gone.

I wasn’t impressed with the brakes from the day I bought it, so I’ve been looking forward to changing them out for a while.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks great!
Thanks! Those tires look mean on yours! I keep debating going to a smaller wheel with more tire, but I need to figure out what I could go down to with the larger rotors on this model.
Also, I drive this thing hard on the pavement at times, so I don’t want to add any body roll, if possible. But man those bumps are jarring when I go off-road with those lil tires!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks! Those tires look mean on yours! I keep debating going to a smaller wheel with more tire, but I need to figure out what I could go down to with the larger rotors on this model.
Also, I drive this thing hard on the pavement at times, so I don’t want to add any body roll, if possible. But man those bumps are jarring when I go off-road with those lil tires!

Tire options are difficult for us. I was back and forth on changing the rims to a smaller size to get more tire. I just couldn't give up the stock rim. I really like the look. So I decide on a slightly larger size and a real aggressive tread. Really, I have no complaints about my decision: off-road is much improved and on-road quality is fine for me.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tire options are difficult for us. I was back and forth on changing the rims to a smaller size to get more tire. I just couldn't give up the stock rim. I really like the look. So I decide on a slightly larger size and a real aggressive tread. Really, I have no complaints about my decision: off-road is much improved and on-road quality is fine for me.
Agreed. I really like my wheels as well, but the 20” have even fewer options, that I’ve been able to find anyway. If anyone has fit some larger tires on the 20” with more rubber for off-road grip and give, I’d love to know what they got.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ballsy choice! :) I went with 40% for the fear of getting caught.
yeah.. fingers crossed a bit every time I pull out of the driveway, but so far so good. Just have to not give them any other reason to pull me over, which is the tough part.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts