Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some input: I bought my 2016 Discovery Sport in Dec 2018. It had 28,772 miles and it now has just under 74k. I bought the extended warranty that will take me to 90k, but I'm a bit nervous. At 39k miles, the fuel pump was replaced. At 41k, the fuel pump drive module was replaced. As I was driving away from the dealership, the engine light came back on, which led to the fuel pressure sensor being replaced. At 44k, the water pump was replaced. At almost 48k, the manifold was replaced. At 52k, the fuel supply tube/purge valve was replaced. At 61k, the timing cover had to be resealed. At almost 73k, the DMTL pump was replaced. The only reason I've held on to it is because I love everything else about this car, but I'm really concerned about what more can go wrong. Thoughts?

·
Registered
68 Posts
It's not a great time to find a new (or used) car. Sounds like you've got about a year of warranty left and I think there's a good chance the car situation improves in a year. So I'd try to wait if I could. But that's just my opinion.

·
Administrator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
774 Posts
Hi
Also have a 2016 model and other than fuel injector replacements the first year (bad batch) car has had no problems. To prevent fuel problems I have always filled before the light comes on normally before 1/4 and never overfill, stopping after pump stops first time. As in all my other turbo cars I always allow a cool down period before shutting off the engine. Expect the car to last many more years.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’ve got a ‘16 (purchased in ‘18) and I’m starting to hate the entertainment system. At the start of a 7 hour road trip (home) today it decided to stop giving me an option for Bluetooth in the audio sources options (despite the Bluetooth settings saying it was on and my phone connected) and it stopped giving me iPod as a source when plugged in to the USB unless I was using Apple Music (I’ve always used Spotify no problem, literally as late as yesterday!).

i had the fuel pump injector replaced (last year), but maintainence otherwise thankfully hasn’t been that bad, but this entertainment system I loathe.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I’ve got a ‘16 (purchased in ‘18) and I’m starting to hate the entertainment system. At the start of a 7 hour road trip (home) today it decided to stop giving me an option for Bluetooth in the audio sources options (despite the Bluetooth settings saying it was on and my phone connected) and it stopped giving me iPod as a source when plugged in to the USB unless I was using Apple Music (I’ve always used Spotify no problem, literally as late as yesterday!).

i had the fuel pump injector replaced (last year), but maintainence otherwise thankfully hasn’t been that bad, but this entertainment system I loathe.
We had problems similar to this. We ended up replacing the antenna because water had leaked into the electronics.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought mine brand new back in 2016 from the dealership and all the maintenance has been done through the dealership in San Antonio Texas I had nothing but problems glad that I bought the extended warranty. I currently have 78K miles and see below for the issues:
23K Water leak in the windshield and it was repaired under the warranty
45K A/C leak replaced the line under the warranty
58K The A/C compressor went out and replaced under the warranty
70K The Turbo went went out and replaced under the warranty
76K The A/C core evaporator had a leak and replaced under the warranty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts