Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started noticing a ticking sound from the floor of the front center center console area when going between 55 - 65 mph. I don't hear it at any other speeds..

This is a 2017 Land Rover Discovery Sport
43000 miles

Any ideas what may be causing this?

Regards,

Silas

·
Registered
2 Posts
I started noticing a ticking sound from the floor of the front center center console area when going between 55 - 65 mph. I don't hear it at any other speeds..

This is a 2017 Land Rover Discovery Sport
43000 miles

Any ideas what may be causing this?

Regards,

Silas
Hi
I have had the same ticking noises, however it was the front wheel bearings that created this noise.
Had them both replaced and noise has gone away.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
I have had the same ticking noises, however it was the front wheel bearings that created this noise.
Had them both replaced and noise has gone away.
Hi, I have a Disco Sport 2017 HSE and its also making a ticking/rattling/vibrating noise from underneath towards the front. It's quite pronounced at 1500 to 2000 RPM but can occur at other revs/speeds as well. My Land Rover service shop thought it was coming from the Diesel Particulate Filter so took it apart, re-assembled, tightened all bolts etc, but no difference and still happening as before. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I have a Disco Sport 2017 HSE and its also making a ticking/rattling/vibrating noise from underneath towards the front. It's quite pronounced at 1500 to 2000 RPM but can occur at other revs/speeds as well. My Land Rover service shop thought it was coming from the Diesel Particulate Filter so took it apart, re-assembled, tightened all bolts etc, but no difference and still happening as before. Any suggestions?
Hey Mate
Turns out it wasn’t my wheel bearings although they were worn out.
My front power transfer case unit (fancy term for diff) has gone.!!
Landrover dealership didn’t pick it up and I kept driving it.
only 6 months out of warranty and only 48,000 kms.
I went to 2 other specialty landrover repairers and they picked it straight away.
It’s back at the dealership for review and a complaint was made to landrover Australia. They are reviewing for a buyback or replacement out of warranty or simply a repair.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Mate
Turns out it wasn’t my wheel bearings although they were worn out.
My front power transfer case unit (fancy term for diff) has gone.!!
Landrover dealership didn’t pick it up and I kept driving it.
only 6 months out of warranty and only 48,000 kms.
I went to 2 other specialty landrover repairers and they picked it straight away.
It’s back at the dealership for review and a complaint was made to landrover Australia. They are reviewing for a buyback or replacement out of warranty or simply a repair.
Thanks Tony, hope you can get them to pay. Hope it's not the diff on mine but I'll get it checked

1 - 5 of 5 Posts