Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you have read we need to tow this rather large boat from the ramp to a stroage lot ( few 100yrds away) ... I would never tow long distances with this boat attached as it is very much over the tow capacity of the DS sport....

But she performed flawlessly.... We drove her down the road to fill up the boat, then launced it at the ramp (which is covered in algae and lake muck) and even pulled it out with no wheel spin or crazy engine reving... very impressed.

Yes we know it was not the savest thing to do but we took all precautions making sure nothing looked like it was going to fail, and we were only on a public road for maybe 5mins the rest was on private property...

Boat dry weight is 4850lbs w/ 1200lbs of tandem trailer

·
Registered
106 Posts
What kind of hitch do you have? Could you show us some close-up pictures of the hitch with the trailer attached?

Thanks!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Sorry, I do realize that you already posted a thread on your hitch installation. However, some close-up pics of the trailer hooked up would be great.

·
Registered
590 Posts
LOL! Dude that's awesome! Glad it handled it and didn't get drug into the lake at the ramp! :) Our boat is around 4500 with the trailer. No way I'd hook the Disco to it for any distance. But its cool that it'll handle what you need it to do.

Nice boat too! Im looking forward to getting ours out. Got it all cleaned up last weekend.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts